Author Topic: SU Carbs for AC ACE  (Read 3261 times)

jlinden374

• View Profile
SU Carbs for AC ACE
« on: July 15, 2012, 21:52:10 »
I have a complete set of triple carbs for a 1958 AC Ace. This set-up includes the triple SU carbs, the starting carb, the manifolds and the 3 Smiths air cleaners. It appears to be a very complete set up. Two of the screw on tops are missing on the SU carbs and maybe one piece of linkage but otherwise the set-up appears complete. I want to sell this complete set-up. My question is, what is the value? How much should I ask for it? Any help is appreciated. Thanks  John Linden, Alamo, CA

tinnes

• View Profile
SU Carbs for AC ACE
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 17:37:23 »
John -

The last set that I remember seeing was on eBay about 2 years ago. A gentleman in southern CA had a complete set listed at $700. I offered $500 and was politely declined.

Good luck - Tom I in AZ

Klassik Metall

• View Profile
SU Carbs for AC ACE
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 18:57:52 »
Hello John,

I'm currently searching for a set of carbs and manifolds to help with the restoration of AE503,
   when you have arrived at your sale price could you please let me know via PM.

I also tried to track down the Ebay set but the vendor had already sold them.

Many thanks, Luke.

Jam2

• View Profile
SU Carbs for AC ACE
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 07:17:35 »
I'm sure you will have contacted them already.......but just in case,  have you tried Burlen Services, they often have rebuilt carbs available (usually on an exchange basis), this can work out cheaper than resorting a set. (it's a long time since I had an AC engine, I can't remember which carbs were fitted! H4's?)
   http://www.sucarb.co.uk/Restoration.aspx?id=35

Klassik Metall

• View Profile
SU Carbs for AC ACE
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 07:29:58 »
I'm already aware of Burlen but unfortunately I also need the inlet manifolds, linkage and air filters.
   The correct carbs for an Ace/Aceca are 1 1/4"  H2's.

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
SU Carbs for AC ACE
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 08:55:27 »
A new set of Carbs from Burlen will cost well over £1,000, the best solution is to search Ebay & buy what you can then connect them with new spindles etc, most will not have the electrical starting facility though but setting up the manual chokes should be fine & probably have less problems!