Author Topic: Screen Washer Push Switch  (Read 2705 times)

• View Profile
Screen Washer Push Switch
« on: July 01, 2012, 00:54:19 »
I am looking for the small white knurled push switch surround for the Ace screen washer, usually located on the dash just to the left of the steering column (LHD). The top on my screw on white surround has broken away and is now topless!

Any help in finding a source, new or used would be most appreciated.

With best wishes to all

Jonathan Parker

Klassik Metall

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 08:50:50 »
The correct lucas push switches are now hard to find but NOS ones do occasionally turn up on UK Ebay, usually just listed as "Lucas switch".
   As you only need the knurled top I think these ones http://www.completeautomobilist.com/products/switch-1-push-switch-5-piece/ are the same although the switches have an incorrect double action.

Good hunting,[:)]
   Luke.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 18:25:22 »
Luke,

Thank you very much for your info regarding the push switches which have now been ordered from the Complete Automobilist.

I had to order the pack of 3. Now that I have cornered the world market for Lucas push switches, if anyboy wants one from my order let me know.

I remain constantly amazed how well our Forum works even for the smallest of items,

Jonathan Parker.

AEX1194

Klassik Metall

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 20:50:09 »
Jonathan,

You are very welcome to the info and I agree this is the sort of oddball query that this forum
   can really help with.

Just to be clear though the Complete Automobilist switches are latching ones not single push  action as the originals.

Regards
   Luke.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 22:07:56 »
Luke,

It is the top knurled cap I am after and I think these will do the job.

I must say I was a little hestitant to get on the Forum with such a miniscule item when there are such interesting posts concerning major rebuilds, tech stuff,racing etc.

At any rate, many thanks again.

Jonathan