Author Topic: A 427 with an interesting history!  (Read 17646 times)

aaron

• View Profile
A 427 with an interesting history!
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2013, 18:59:15 »
quote:
Originally posted by rstainer

A-Snake,

It's VIN tampering in the USA and unlawful in the UK. The unlawful is principally achieved by either false declaration or ignorant non-declaration of the 'facts', giving this car firstly VIN CSX3140 and secondly, many years later, VIN CSX3272.

Questionable registration will always be a factor in a car's market value and can preclude its sale in certain jurisdictions. Although often described as 'a bargain' these words are rarely used by the buyer once he becomes a seller.

RS

It makes you wonder why the buyers want to pass this car on so quickly !!

TLegate

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2013, 11:36:18 »
I am very reliably informed that the supposed sale at the Coys auction last January didn't actually happen and the owner (since 2005) therefore subsequently decided to commission Duncan Hamilton & Co. to market his Cobra with an asking price of circa £300,000.

Flyinghorse

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2013, 12:33:28 »
How legally binding are auction sales?  If the auctioneer cries sold and the gavel hit's  the board, and they move on to the next lot?
   What about the second highest bidders rights, if the winning bidder cant complete?
   Sounds like a right mess.

Graham

TLegate

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2013, 13:24:39 »
Rather depends on who made the "winning bid" does it not? A spot of research on www.clubcobra.com will reveal details of the various scams carried out by the auction houses in the USofA (such as 'buying back in' etc). Mind-boggling stuff and don't think it does not happen over here....never believe the evidence of your owns eyes.

However, I am quite sure our esteeemed auction companies are all above reproach and would never, ever lead anyone astray (my legal team tell me). But I can gives names, dates, places... :)