Author Topic: CLASSIC LEMANS  (Read 16863 times)

CRS9505

• View Profile
CLASSIC LEMANS
« on: June 23, 2012, 09:36:47 »
Any more news on travel arrangements. So far I know only that we're leaving from Portsmouth on Thusrday 5th, its an overnight ferry and there's a dinner Sat night.
   The AA tell me its 4 hours to Portsmouth (at least 2 fill ups!), where are we landing/staying etc and most importantly my rev limiter would like to know what sort of frock to pack for Saturday night.[:)]

SB7019

• View Profile
CLASSIC LEMANS
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 11:02:50 »
I believe that Keith - who is doing his usual sterling, time consuming and selfless work to organise the event - is planning to send out all the material following finalisation this weekend.  This should have all the details you need - including route planners trough France.

Most of the ladies wear very nice frocks ( remember we will be in the home of couture) for the dinner.   In order to wile away the weekend hours I am sure you would love to join her in visiting your local dress shops to find a suitable outfit.  That's what I would be happy to do if my wife were coming on the trip with me[:D]

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
CLASSIC LEMANS
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 19:34:33 »
Peter

Thank you for the complement...........

The Le Mans Classic Paddock Passes inc Grand stand ticket and  Vehicle Entry passes received from France Thursday,  Ferry Tickets  &  Rally Plaques at home,  Spent last few hours Laminating Road Book with suggested Route plus address of each Chateau and  details of the Friday night restaurant. Dress Code Smart Casual, Le Mans Classic will never be a GoodWood Revival, so Dress Code Smart Casual not Period Dress.

All  details will be Posted Monday, The French are very relaxed and never post the Le Mans Classic tickets & Passes until end 2nd week or the third week of June, leaves things  bloody tight, but haven't experienced any problems over the past 12 years( 6 events)..[;)]

See most of you on Thursday evening 5th July Portsmouth, Brittany Ferries  ( Normandy) departure  22.45.

Those not travelling with group, will see you either en route or On Friday evening at restaurant. 6th July  19.00 hrs local time.

Safe Journey....

Keith ..[:)]..[:)]

Clive

• View Profile
CLASSIC LEMANS
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 21:16:51 »
quote:
Dress Code Smart Casual, Le Mans Classic will never be a GoodWood Revival, so Dress Code Smart Casual not Period Dress.

Hi Keith,

I noticed this on The Le Mans Classic website.   http://www.lemansclassic.com/en/dress-code

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
CLASSIC LEMANS
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 01:32:18 »
Clive.

Le Mans Classic ( Patrick Peter) requested from day one ( 2002 ) to emulate GoodWood Revival reference Dress Code,  It transpired the English (the largest group of participants both on the track and supporting the event) dressed smart where as most others including the French ignored request..[:0].. Tee shirts, polo shirts, shorts etc were common site. and have been every year.[:(]

So, as stated earlier ACOC group please dress Smart Casual,  Please note each year to date has been dry and hot, infact 2010 the temperature exceeded 35 Degrees, Jackets and Ties stayed in the car, smart open neck short sleeve shirt and decent trousers.   Women always make the effort, especially the French and definitely the Italian..[:p].

Keith..[:)]..[:)]

French Frie

• View Profile
CLASSIC LEMANS
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 23:17:41 »
Gentlemen,

The weather forecasts show that friday could be rainy, or at least with some showers, and the most optimistic of them forecast a sunny weather on saturday and sunday, with maybe a shower at the end of the day for saturday... Temperatures are expected to be more bearable than in 2010, around 22°c ... Hope to meet some members there [:)] !

Vive l'entente cordiale [:D] !

CRS9505

• View Profile
CLASSIC LEMANS
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 23:55:33 »
Do we need wellies ? Trench coats plus all that smart casual doesnt leave much room in my boot for bringing back a couple of cases of the good stuff [:p] and I'm not carrying a spare. [:)]

nikbj68

• View Profile
CLASSIC LEMANS
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 00:09:10 »
You can leave the wellies behind for the journey home!

French Frie

• View Profile
CLASSIC LEMANS
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012, 07:46:20 »
nope ... wellies shouldn't be useful [;)] ! the ground is sandy, so M+S tires aren't needed either ... I bet the overall impression will be sunny (hopefully) !

French Frie

• View Profile
CLASSIC LEMANS
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2012, 09:48:49 »
last update : the weather, as well as the event, will be very ... british [;)] ! that's the first time in 10 years (I didn't miss a single edition) [:(] ...

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
CLASSIC LEMANS
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2012, 14:13:37 »
Buggar !!..[:(]

Better repack,  remove light weight clothing replace with 2nd set of waterproofs and four more pairs of socks, double up on the Boxers and take a Golfing Brolley.

Soft top and Side screens ..[?] pack another set of waterproofs..[:)]

Where ever you are and with whom you are...... It's what you make of it.........  Enjoy !!..[:)]

We still have a few rooms vacant due to cancellation plus we have spare  Entry/Paddock and Grandstand tickets if anyone is interested.

See  60 plus of you tonight in Portsmouth and the balance of 40 plus in Le Mans. and at the ACOC Dinner.

Can we beat 2010 record of 9 different nationalities of ACOC members at this years ACOC Dinner on Friday night ..[?]
   Furthest travelled in 2010 was Ron & Mauricette and Family who flew in from USA with 4 Ace Bristols...[:p]

Safe Journey..[;)]

Keith..[:)]

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
CLASSIC LEMANS
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2012, 15:19:38 »
I love that about the euro/British way of motoring classics. Drive them no matter what! Too many trailer queens in the USA!

Wish I was there! Have a great time.

Gus

A-Snake

• View Profile
CLASSIC LEMANS
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2012, 16:44:25 »
quote:
Originally posted by AC Ace Bristol

Buggar !!..[:(]

Better repack,  remove light weight clothing replace with 2nd set of waterproofs and four more pairs of socks, double up on the Boxers and take a Golfing Brolley.

Soft top and Side screens ..[?] pack another set of waterproofs..[:)]

Keith..[:)]

FWIW: We have found it handy to carry some 55 gallon trash bags on our Cobra tours. Good way to keep the leather dry. Pull them over the seats.(They will fit over the backs and the cushion) Then sit on top.[:D]

French Frie

• View Profile
CLASSIC LEMANS
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2012, 14:31:33 »
Hello,

back from a very british (by any way) Le Mans Classic [}:)] ! I was pleased to meet some members (Mr Goose Sr and his beautiful Greyhound, Mr I-can't-remember-your-name who owns a LW MKIV and was full of precious advice), but the weather was so bad I didn't bring AK1113 there...

just to illustrate, for those who weren't there, here is a pic of a friend of mine's E Type in the paddock 4 :

we froggies aren't accustomed to this kind of weather !

[:o)]

nikbj68

• View Profile
CLASSIC LEMANS
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2012, 16:25:30 »
You think that`s bad?
   This was the carpark at the Cholmondeley Pageant of Power!!!