Author Topic: 2013 ACOC International in USA?  (Read 2682 times)

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile

CRS9505

• View Profile
2013 ACOC International in USA?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 22:48:31 »
Had something similar with the Healey Club back in the late '80s with a series of races across US circuits, cars all shipped from one point in UK to one point in US and transported around the States by truck. Great fun, reasonably priced but took several years to organise.
   Stab at minimum cost for 2 weeks $6k-$10k ?
   Shipping, Packing (cars have to be secured with wooden frames within the containers)they also have to be fully drained of fuel and steam cleaned (US Dept of Agriculture requirement)customs clearance (will they want a bond in the US?), maritime and touring insurance can also be high cost, also what about overnight security wherever the tour stays?
   However given the low cost of accomodation, food , gas (and repairs/spares)in the US if you can get the car shipping costs down you can count us in.[8D]

ak1234

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 03:27:28 »
Gus count me in ... I;m in NY

Ron

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 03:40:58 »
Good news: The price is coming down. Multiple points of origin available. Drop off in LA. A west coast trip will be possible for roughly $4000 round trip (2500 UK pounds). That is a $1000 savings over the first quote. I asked for clarification, and as it stands that will include everything. Show up, drop your car off. Fly to LA, pick it up and drive off onto Pacific Coast Highway to Monterrey. They will handle all customs work and releasing the cars. And, they handle classic cars all the time.

Check out their link on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9unBxyAl6TI

I have done that drive twice, and I can tell you there is NOTHING like it.

As the info comes in, I'll keep you posted.

Gus