Author Topic: 2013 ACOC International in USA?  (Read 11559 times)

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
2013 ACOC International in USA?
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2012, 15:07:42 »
That's a good point, but at this time I have no idea how big. Hence my interest in getting a feeling for what owners/members expect and how many would commit. I think one year of planning should be sufficient, unless it turns out that many venues are already booked up.

Gus

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2012, 17:13:16 »
quote:
Originally posted by J Jones

a suggestion for a worthwhile stop. In case the route includes Seattle, ending up in (or starting with) Vancouver/Seattle.

http://www.salishlodge.com/

JJ

Great idea,  Would love to bring BEX333 back to its stomping ground, where it raced from 57 through 64, then lived in Seattle till 2000.

Might consider contacting Lee Kold who was the custodian from 64 to 2000, Give him a chance to thunder around familiar haunts.

If Julie reckons it a lads venture..[?] then I will contact Lee and give him a chance, as long as he does get to attched to his Old Ace Bristol.[B)]........  Decisions !!

Gus keep up the good work, and maybe cross reference some of these threads.[;)]

Cheers

Keith..[:)]..[:)]

shep

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2012, 17:24:52 »
Paul, I think you need to get out a bit more! 2 years to organise an International is major overkill. They are a bit like weddings, the best ones are organised at the last minute, and turn out to be brilliant. With a tight deadline you don't have time to procrastinate and have to make snappy decisions. By far the best way!!! Gus, keep up the good work. Andy.

Classicus

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2012, 18:17:04 »
I was rather looking at it the other way all the best churches for next year might be booked already....[;)]

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2012, 22:26:01 »
I think a year would be fine! Anyway, got another quote in, it's getting better all the time.

2 cars, one 40 foot container: $4000, all inclusive. We are now at 1250 UK pounds per car... Seems to me everyone can go now!!

I'm clearing up a few details on this one and than we'll have to decide on who to go with. Experience with transporting valuable classics is an important issue as well as experience with customs clearance for the temporary use of these cars state-side.

Gus

Emmanueld

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2012, 00:40:18 »
Hi Guys Sorry, I have not been much on the internet lately, My car won't be done until end of the year, the shop has been busy prepping cars for Pebble Beach so it has become a low priority. I also have some personal issues which have taken quite a bit of time but I expect thing to go back on track shortly.

Emmanuel

shep

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2012, 18:23:29 »
Wow Gus! USA 2013 is sounding better and better. At 2000 bucks a car, round trip, the price is hardly going to be the limiting factor. The cars may be in transit for several weeks, but what a small inconvenience for the opportunity to drive the West Coast! If you can cover the customs and documentation issues, there ought to be a mass exodus from Europe! PS. Your athletes are doing a great job in the London Olympics, and the atmosphere at the Games is so friendly and positive. The world needs more events where people can get together and share each other's enthusiasm. Thanks, Andy.

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2012, 00:33:58 »
Andy, Not sure which athletes you are referring to. I am somewhat of an odd duck. I might have emigrated to the USA and have become a US citizen. I love living here, but I still am a Dutchman at heart!

Doubt that the Dutch are killing it in London!

Gus

PS, I have made contact with Hagerty, they are interested in partaking. I will meet with their Rep in Monterrey in two weeks.

Also, as I've been looking for quotes I've learned a few things. As it stands we are looking at $4000 still per car round trip, all inclusive, however that would be for 2 cars per 40 foot container. One of the shippers ships 4 per container, so there must be some room for negotiation on that.

Gus

shep

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2012, 01:08:54 »
On Tuesday and Thursday we are going to watch the Olympic Equestrians and the Dressage. My wife Karen rides Grand Prix at National Level and we are going to watch the best of the best and support the Brits. The Dutch Team is very strong, and their supporters always wear bright orange. Everyone wants their team to win, but really respect the other's performances. It will be a great event.
   Keep up the good work, Andy.

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2012, 01:32:04 »
Somehow the Dutch have always done well with dressage. Much to the excitement of my neighbor, who loves to ride horse back and frequents the Kentucky Derby every year. I'm afraid it does not have my interest... I'd rather take all those ponies under the hood and put my right foot up their a$$[:D]

rstainer

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2012, 12:40:27 »
Gus,

This is a super idea that deserves a dedicated string in the General Forum.

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2012, 14:15:34 »
Shep,

Maybe you ought to give the Dutch Field hockey team some time...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympics-fourth-place-medal/dutch-field-hockey-popular-reasons-beyond-field-hockey-232321640--oly.html