Author Topic: Update on Aceca restoration  (Read 5620 times)

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
Update on Aceca restoration
« on: January 30, 2007, 21:24:49 »
Just trying to upload a few photos. the car has been repainted. I had a Le Mans roller gas cap frenched in, roll bar mounted, I will have competition seat, reupholster the originals, fresh aluminum paneling, complete rebuild of engine with parts from Robin Woolmer, freshening of trans and rest of the drive line, steering conversion to rack and pinion from Ben Yates and front drum to disc conversion from Nigel Winchester.  Most of the work will be done in Spring Lake MI, by RP Mack motorsports. Ron built the engine for my 289 Kirham FIAand is a vintage racer himself with CSX 3106, his personal 427 with waay too much power!!This thing should be driving a lot better then it ever did!! Hopefully I will start testing by the end of march. I am signed up for racing school in the first week of May in the VSCDA. I also have entered into the Carolina Trophy, a vintage rally in north carolina, staged from the Biltmore estate...It's going to be a good year indeed!!!
   Enjoyed the pictures from other owners, I like the photo hosting idea. many owners all over the world can help eachother by showing pictures of their projects.

Gus

hawk289

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 21:38:44 »
Amazing, looks like your rollbar is quite close too mine!! I'm not going to race my Aceca. Would like to see the car finished. Good luck!!

John

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 21:44:58 »
Thanks, now that the car will be re-assembled in the next few months there will be more to post.

jbottini

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 21:56:05 »
there is knock down georgous and then there is georgous!!!!!!!!!

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 22:07:40 »
Thanks, is that georgeous or gorgeous?

Gus

keithjecks

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 22:30:46 »
Looks pretty good either way!!

SB7019

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 23:16:24 »
Looks fantastic and should look even betterr sitting outside Biltmore which is one of my favourite places in the US.

Johan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2007, 00:39:59 »
Really looks grate !

jbottini

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 01:03:49 »
yes gorgeous

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 02:16:21 »
Thank you, thank you, you're too kind!!

michaelhenthorn

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2007, 22:05:19 »
Gus, do you have Nigels contact info , I am wanting to convert my ACECAs front drums to discs also.  Also , when is the Biltmore event, my daughter lives in Asheville and I might want to attend. Your car looks great by the way.   Mike H.
quote:
Originally posted by Gus Meyjes

Thank you, thank you, you're too kind!!

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2007, 19:54:42 »
Hey Mike,

Left a message for you on your cell phone. the event is from 9 through 14 September. Check out their website for all of the details. Nigel Winchester advertises on the Small Ads section in this website and usually has an ad in the back of the ACOC magazine. Call me if you need any other info. Shoot me an email picture of your car if you would.

Gus

michaelhenthorn

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2007, 05:32:08 »
Gus,  thanks for the info - I will call Nigel next week - I found the web site for the carolina run.

Mike H.

rhbeede

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2007, 19:55:56 »
Gus, Just saw the pictures of your Aceca painted, and I am wiping the druel from my mouth as I write. WOW! These AC cars are just the sexiest thing going, no? I am so glad they are being preserved, and hope some of you with originals keep them pure for the future. I am still sad that our modern economy has no room for small car manufacturers like the Hurlocks.

Thanks for sharing! I have to go find a tissue!

I have not figured out how to insert images yet, but when I do, I will try sharing some shots of my car owned since 1967.

Best,
   Bob

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2007, 13:33:58 »
quote:
Originally posted by rhbeede

I have not figured out how to insert images yet, but when I do, I will try sharing some shots of my car owned since 1967.
   Best,
   Bob

Photo Posting Here. [:)]