Author Topic: AK 1216  (Read 20411 times)

Chafford

• View Profile
AK 1216
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2012, 14:45:53 »
quote:
Originally posted by BBK

Gus, do you also have an AC?  If so, I look forward to seeing your car too..

A very interesting car!

http://www.acownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1593&SearchTerms=RS,5038

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
AK 1216
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2012, 14:47:49 »
I will be flying to San Jose and driving to the peninsula. So I will not have my car(s) there.
   I own AEX 674, an Aceca, RS 5038, An Ace and a Kirkham 289 FIA replica.
   I am AC struck in a bad way! Living in northern MI, I have only seen very few AC's in the flesh. It would be fantastic to see them all gathered up together at one of the meets in the UK someday... it will happen!

Gus

TLegate

• View Profile
AK 1216
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2012, 16:39:10 »
Gus - How about this September at Goodwood???  (Or a quick trip to Germany on June 22nd...?)

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
AK 1216
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2012, 17:02:22 »
Goodwood is for sure on my bucket list, but September this year is out, sorry. Planning a trip to Holland next year, I will have to add a few days to come over to the UK. September is a good time for me. Maybe Goodwood next year?

How about Mr Cobra himself coming over to Monterey this year?

Gus

nikbj68

• View Profile
AK 1216
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2012, 17:54:10 »
Buy him a ticket, he`ll go anywhere!!!! [;)]

BBK

• View Profile
AK 1216
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2012, 18:48:38 »
Mark, thanks for the link!

Gus....some amazing cars you own!  Not sure if you have been to the Monterey Historics before, but your enjoyment of the event would be immesurably increased if somehow, you had one of your cars there if at all possible.  Obviously, an expensive proposition to transport your car to California, but well worth being able to drive around the Monterey Peninsula and along the Coast in your own car.  Something to think about if you are able to swing it.....

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
AK 1216
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2012, 20:01:30 »
My good friend Ron Mack is invited to race at the event with his 427, CSX 3106. He will be transporting his car somehow. I'll see what I can do.

Nik, my purchase of Trevor's leather bound, signed copy or "the first 40 years" should well finance his flight!! [;)][;)][;)]

C'mon Trevor, you will find all kinds of material to write your next Cobra bible!! I'll buy the beer!! And Dinner!

Gus

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
AK 1216
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2012, 20:03:38 »
BTW, Rob, you don't happen to have a brother over here in MI? Lee Krantz?

Gus

Chafford

• View Profile
AK 1216
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2012, 20:08:26 »
quote:
Originally posted by Gus Meyjes

My good friend Ron Mack is invited to race at the event with his 427, CSX 3106. He will be transporting his car somehow. I'll see what I can do.

Nik, my purchase of Trevor's leather bound, signed copy or "the first 40 years" should well finance his flight!! [;)][;)][;)]

C'mon Trevor, you will find all kinds of material to write your next Cobra bible!! I'll buy the beer!! And Dinner!

Gus

'Autokraft. The First Thirty Years.' [:)]

TLegate

• View Profile
AK 1216
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2012, 21:48:14 »
Someone say beer?? However I will be Cobra-ing in Germany so there will be a beer in my life, I'm sure.

Needless to say, Monterey would be luvverly (long to get back there!) but the old finances are noticeable by their absence. And Legate Towers are still crumbling and requiring mucho renovation. As for my earnings from that darn book - how do you write £000,000? Sad but true. I need to find some funding for my required lifestyle. Maybe sell a few Corgi toys....

BBK

• View Profile
AK 1216
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2012, 00:06:44 »
Gus, Krantz is not all that common a name, but am not related to Lee (no relatives in MI).  If your friend Ron has room in his truck for your car, that would be great!  If not, if you can find a way to get it here you won't be disappointed.  I spent a week in Monterey last year.  Jaguar was the featured marque.  I have a 2007 XKR convertible and had it in the Jaguar paddock area at the track and got to drive a couple of laps on the track with the rest of the Jaguar group.  Lots of fun!  Nothing better than top down driving in CA in the summer along the coast.  Carmel is a terrific town and you get to see all of your dream cars driving around the entire Monterey peninsula.  I almost got whiplash from looking at all of the amazing cars I have always loved, most of them having seen in books vs. on the street.

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
AK 1216
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2012, 02:01:54 »
I was at the extravaganza 2 years ago and last October my wife and I drove PCH up and down from LA to Napa valley in a convertible Bimmer. Carmel is a fantastic little town! It would be great to drive around in one of my cars, but I don't think it's going to happen. I emailed Jerry Rosenstock about the dinner, so I hope to be there. Message me via the forum with your cell phone number and we can contact when we're there.

Gus

BBK

• View Profile
AK 1216
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2012, 22:51:03 »
Gus, glad you have been to the Monterey Historics and gotten to enjoy the Coast highway and northern California.  I will definitely get you my cell number and we can connect when we are down there.

Rob

BBK

• View Profile
AK 1216
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2012, 02:08:27 »
Well, I got AK 1216 home yesterday after having some paint issues addressed at the dealer.  Knowing it was going to be a hot one outside, we got an early start.  Nice and cool in Burlingame but when I got to San Ramon (about 20 miles inland from S.F. Bay) it was already in the 90's.  Topped out at 105 degrees yesterday but she was safe in the garage by then.  Ran like a champ and performed great.  Next step is to get it into the shop and have them go through it and change all fluids and tune it and generally get it in tip top shape.   Took it on a spin on some back roads this morning as a "Father's Day" treat and it was fantastic.  My lovely wife purchased a copy of Trevor Legate's "Cobra, The First 40 Years" for me and somehow managed to get it here from England (the U.S. version has a different cover) in time for Father's Day.  A terrific, high quality book and looking forward to reading it in much more detail! Trevor.....a beautiful book you have made!

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
AK 1216
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2012, 02:40:29 »
Nice Jag too...

Gus