Author Topic: Plenty of ACs (and a Replica!)  (Read 9121 times)

kaiserbilly1

• View Profile
Plenty of ACs (and a Replica!)
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2012, 14:24:41 »
Or this one.

http://www.classicandsportscar.com/classiccarsforsale/ac-cobra-replica-289-fia/57836

Interesting to see how values are going [:)]

TLegate

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2012, 23:21:42 »
Not entirely sure how or why my name found its way into that advert...

SB7019

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2012, 23:49:53 »
Trevor.

You are too modest[8D].  The "why" is presumably to help spin the price upwards.  The "how" is more interesting, but maybe the wording "recommended to" rather than "recommended by"  provides a clue?

PS. Maybe there is a business opportunity for you in signing dashboards?

TLegate

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2012, 11:38:19 »
Modest? Moi? Indeed, twas the "recomended to" what done thrown me. Uncle Gerry allows me to form my own opinions and over the past few months I've driven both the Hawk FIA and the Kirkham FIA......I'll say no more.... ;)

Clearly it's time for me to take over responsibity for dashboard signings, now Da Boss has gone (but as yet unburied :( Some odd folks out there). So all dashboards and similar tat to me, £100 cash per squiggle, all proceeds to the 'State Pension Supplementaion Programme For Starving Photographers'. I'm the only member.

aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2012, 00:32:10 »
quote:
Originally posted by TLegate

Modest? Moi? Indeed, twas the "recomended to" what done thrown me. Uncle Gerry allows me to form my own opinions and over the past few months I've driven both the Hawk FIA and the Kirkham FIA......I'll say no more.... ;)

Clearly it's time for me to take over responsibity for dashboard signings, now Da Boss has gone (but as yet unburied :( Some odd folks out there). So all dashboards and similar tat to me, £100 cash per squiggle, all proceeds to the 'State Pension Supplementaion Programme For Starving Photographers'. I'm the only member.

Maybe there going up in value because you have already squiggled on the dashboard Trevor !!

French Frie

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2012, 09:00:19 »
I used to be a 289 Register member, and I must say they're very friendly, and very "AC spirit" respectful (vs some other "Cobras" clubs) ! Sieur Bill "Kaiserbilly" especially amongst them, and I won't forget the gas station event, when he broke one of the driveshaft of his car, and after having called the RAC (or similar), he took a bottle of champaign, two glasses,  and some music out of his trunk, yielding "Champagne" [;)] ! very British... and it did a lot for the "entente cordiale" !