Author Topic: AK 1011 on Ebay  (Read 28015 times)

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
AK 1011 on Ebay
« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2012, 00:51:08 »
Considering the going rate, this seems a bit of an anomaly.

Gus

BBK

• View Profile
AK 1011 on Ebay
« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2012, 01:18:32 »
I agree Gus.  I have attended a few auctions, including the Barrett Jackson event in Scottsdale earlier this year.  Auction fever can hit people pretty hard....a nice car, two or more people interested, testosterone, and add drinks into the picture and a car can achieve a price in excess of what one would expect.  I have seen some cars that have been absolute steals where someone gets a great car for a cheap price, and I have seen the opposite where a car sells for much more than one would think it would.  The Dingman car, based on the description and photos, looked to be in amazing condition with much spent on it, so that could have driven the price pretty high, especially if you add in the above mentioned other factors that can play into it all.  Not sure if the $170,000 price mentioned includes the buyer's premium (usually 10% of the purchase price).  If it does, the actual "hammer price" would have been around $154,000 +.

westcott

• View Profile
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler!

BBK

• View Profile
AK 1011 on Ebay
« Reply #78 on: August 29, 2012, 00:00:18 »
quote:
Originally posted by westcott

Back in town.....

http://www.collectorcarsforsale.com/230793918491-other-makes-autokraft-ac-cobra-autokraft-ac-cobra/detailse.html

This looks to be identical to the EBay post that I responded to a few months ago when I won this car (and the seller backed out).  This may not be current.  I went on the EBay motors site just now and could not find that this car is listed as up for auction.