Author Topic: Mk IV Heater Core  (Read 13160 times)

nikbj68

• View Profile
Mk IV Heater Core
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2012, 11:28:20 »
Excellent news, Rob! You might get a few miles of 'bedding in' before embarking on your trip. Don`t forget to send us photos of you & the Cobra at Monterey!

BBK

• View Profile
Mk IV Heater Core
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2012, 19:31:41 »
Thanks Nik!  I dropped by to visit yesterday and the heater core is in the car, and the rodded out radiator, new hoses etc.   The dash was still apart but they were working on putting it all together.  Expected timing is this coming Monday...not a whole lot of time before leaving next Thursday, but I was told the car will be ready and that I would be able to do a cross country trip if I wanted.  Here's hoping that there are no unexpected glitches that pop up!  I will definitely takes photos of me and the car there!

BBK

• View Profile
Mk IV Heater Core
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2012, 23:34:01 »
I was told yesterday that the car is coming together, though I think that if I do get it, it will be by a whisker.  The dash is back in and my new steering wheel fitted..

nikbj68

• View Profile
Mk IV Heater Core
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2012, 00:13:46 »
Oh Lordy. Look who`s rollin` down the Pacific Coast Highway, with his hands on that lovely MotoLita steering wheel!

Monterey, Baby!

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Mk IV Heater Core
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2012, 00:31:48 »
BBK

Good bit of Team work all round... ..

Nik,  I think,  BBK owes you a beer or three..and a crate or two to his guys in the workshop..[;)]

Seriously....

ENJOY..  .. AK1216 &  Monterey..

Keith..[:)]

BBK

• View Profile
Mk IV Heater Core
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2012, 02:21:53 »
Nik, thanks for posting the picture!  (and for helping make the trip possible).  Keith, yes, I do owe Nik a beer and dinner!  The shop got it out the night before I left and had a possible charging issue the morning I was leaving so had to go back to the shop to have them diagnose!  Ends up my gauge is bad (though it worked fine prior to going into the shop) and the alternator is putting out enough juice......whew!  So, more greenbacks flying out of my wallet when i get back[B)]!  The car has been running like a champ and it has been a pleasure driving it around the Monterey peninsula. It is getting quite a bit of attention wherever I go.  Went to the Legends of the Autobahn show in Carmel to view my favorite all time older German machines and the Mecum auction today to look at all the great cars for sale.  Now resting up for the ACOC dinner this evening!!  Off to the track tomorrow and the Cobra corral.  My camera is ready!