Author Topic: AC Cobra 427 S/C (COX 6136)  (Read 20328 times)

Chafford

• View Profile
AC Cobra 427 S/C (COX 6136)
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2013, 12:03:39 »
quote:
Originally posted by SJ351

It is surprising how little is generally known about these Continuation cars that were effectively 'Sanctio 2' copies of the original 289 Mk2 and Mk3 coil sprung cars. A number of un-painted body-chaasis units also left the works, some of which were built up into cars or still await this. aome part-finnished rolling shells were also rescued from the official receiver when the factory went bust and finnished off externally. Of these, a few cars were flown to Shelby in the USA to be finalised by his team, just as they were in the '60's when they left the Thames Ditton factory. These cars are particularly desirable. COB 4007 left the factory as a race car and was campaigned with some success by Brooklands Motor Company with a degree of AC factory support and endorsement in the AMOC and Top Hat championships. I was lucky to be able to test drive thus car for an hour several years ago and it really was a fantastic machine - totally different to my Mk1V road car. A Mk2 and a Mk3 Continuation car was on sale at Bonhams Goodwood Revival auction and achieved relativley low sale prices. Perhaps there ougt to be a separate register for these cars so thhat thhey can be appreciated fully for the future...

I believe a separate register has been started for these and post Frimley cars.