Author Topic: Bristol Motor Club invite to Castle Combe 24th Ju  (Read 1852 times)

cobham cobra

• View Profile
Bristol Motor Club invite to Castle Combe 24th Ju
« on: May 21, 2012, 18:10:55 »
This invitation was too late for the magazine. Anyone interested in attending please send me an email and I'll forward the contact details and invitation form.
   Thanks - John.

I am writing to invite you and your members to Castle Combe Circuit on Sunday 24 June to join us in a celebration of the 50th anniversary of several marques/models of iconic British sports cars, such as the AC Cobra, the MGB, the Triumph Spitfire and the Lotus Elan. I apologise for the short notice, and I realise that you probably all have packed calendars this year, but it's just possible that some of your members might like to join us.

We are offering not only a static display, but also the opportunity for sports car drivers and their family members to take part in parade laps on the circuit itself. The event is free to enter for anyone displaying an appropriate car, with a modest charge of £10 for track access.

The Chipping Sodbury Rotary Club Classic Run is happening on the same day and will be converging on Castle Combe as a rallying point around lunchtime. Many of those taking part will be taking to the track in the afternoon session, but at the moment we have plenty of space in the morning session.

You will see from the attached that we are also holding our annual Dick Mayo Sprint at the circuit on the Saturday, which offers free entry for spectators, and if anyone wishes to stay overnight we are offering free, secure camping overnight (tent or motor home) and an evening party with food and live music.

In all, it promises to be an enjoyable, relaxed and entertaining weekend for anyone with an interest in motor sport, classic and modern, and I hope that it might appeal to your members, friends or colleagues.

I attach full details for your consideration, and I hope I may have the opportunity to meet you in a few weeks' time.

Regards

Allen Harris
   Chairman
   Bristol Motor Club