Author Topic: Info - AK Miller's 1963 Ace  (Read 3425 times)

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Info - AK Miller's 1963 Ace
« on: July 16, 2006, 02:10:50 »
Just received email from Matt Sanchez who has spotted request for details on 63 Ace, his email reads :-

A guy on a landspeed list just posted that he's looking for info on A K Miller's 1963 AC Ace that he used to set E sports record in 1963 at Bonniville.  The Car was modified to accept Ford V8 and had other extensive modifications to body, dash etc etc.
   The guy has an AC Ace and the mods are very similar to those on the A K Miller Car but he only has one picture and therefore insufficient info to establish wether it is the same car.  Bit of a long shot but hoping someone in the ACOC might have more details e.g.
   Chassis number, body details, pictures, name/s.etc ....  Any info greatfully received.

Matt Sanchez email address :-  Matthew.sanchez@btinternet.com

Anything to help a friend!, must get Matt to establish wether this Ace Owner is a club member, Potential new Member?, poss long lost Ace ?? ??

Keith L Lessiter

aex125

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 06:32:39 »
Hi Keith and thanks for posting this for me. I am the person looking for history info on my car, AEX125, and in my search of the last 5 years I recently found a picture of Ak Miller in an Ace at the Bonneville Salt Flats where he set a land speed record. As you stated below, the only picture I have found looks similar to my car, but I cannot tell for sure. As a bit of a clarification, the car is a long boot Ace so I believe it to be an earlier car but am not sure of what year exactly. As for my car, it is not a long lost one as I was a member of the AC club when I first bought it, but let my membership lapse. I do want to say my primary goal is to find the history of AEX125, and I am not sure if it is the Ak Miller record holder. If new info has surfaced to the AC club since I was a member, I would be very grateful for it. When I sent a query to the Ace registar in 2000, I heard nothing back so I assumed there was no historical information available. All I know about the car is it started life black with red trim and was shipped to the US on Feb 16, 1956 and supposedly modified to accept a ford V8 in the early '60s. I bought the car from Don Davis in 2000 (he was the one who said it modofied in the '60s) and he bought the car in the early '90s which leaves a very large gap I am trying to fill in.
   Thanks in advance to anyone that can fill in any of the holes.
   Jay Peterson
   PS When redoing the dash, I found the name K. Stettorier on the back of the glove box door if that provides a clue to anyone.

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 21:26:56 »
Hi Jay
   Ref:   A K MIller "Ace" Mr A K Miller Was Ford Performance Advisor.
   A liitle more information and possible leads for you to follow up.

The A K Miller Ace was origonally powered by a AC Engine, the details of the NOT so sutal changes that took place instigated by Mr A K Miller were briefly covered in ACtion Vol 14 Number 2. Where extracts from Mr A K Millers letter to Randy Smith the ACOC Club Secretary,  3630 East 56th Street, Tulsa35. Oklahoma.   Please note this letter was dated Jan 20th 1964.  Is he still alive ?? if so where does he now reside ?.

Ron Sykes had a letter published in ACtion Vol15 number 4 page 3.

Last but not least,  HotRod Magazine April 1969 had a article & picture.

Judging by the detailed letter only the two Chassis rails existed Every thing else had been bined and replaced with US Components.

What is the Chassis number of your Ac Ace ?,  Engine Number ?? Gearbox  No etc.   Please confirm all details and hopefully we can in turn confirm some History of you Ace.

Highly unlikely to be associated with A K Miller, but You Never know. Have you contacted John Arnold ACOC Ac engeined Ace Registrar??

I will be seeing John on 23rd /24th Sept at Seeing Red, Donington Race Circuit (  Ferrari v Mazers etc plus VSCC etc )

Please email me a pic and details of your Ace :-  Keithllessiter@classicfm.net

I will copy you letter from AK MIller ( 1964)

Keith L Lessiter

aex125

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 05:25:41 »
Thanks Keith. It sounds like you have some of the very info I have been looking for and have provided a couple of more leads. I'll send you a pic of its current state as well more info on its as found condition. As for info on my car, it is AEX125 and was supposedly converted to a small block ford V8 in the early '60s according to the previous owner, Don Davies. It still has a V8 and there are many similarities between my car and the pics I have foundincluding the picture in the April '69 Hot Rod. As I said more info is on the way directly to you.
   Jay Peterson