Author Topic: A couple of questions  (Read 6216 times)

Nev

• View Profile
A couple of questions
« on: May 12, 2012, 02:22:05 »
Hello everyone, as a new owner in the club, I have a few questions, s will. Start with an easy one:

I see that the rear tyres are not available 'off the shelf', so where is the best place to get them ?  I see that the Dunlop 9000 are still made .......

AcemanToo

• View Profile
A couple of questions
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 14:42:16 »
Hi Nev,

The only tyres I've managed to find for both front and rear correct sizes are Toyo Proxes. They are fitted to TVRs as well and seem to be of excellent quality. I fitted a set about six months ago and have been very pleased with them. They are commonly available so, if you phone around or go on the internet, you should have no problem finding them! Good luck!

quote:
Originally posted by Nev

Hello everyone, as a new owner in the club, I have a few questions, s will. Start with an easy one:

I see that the rear tyres are not available 'off the shelf', so where is the best place to get them ?  I see that the Dunlop 9000 are still made .......

Nev

• View Profile
A couple of questions
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 19:03:00 »
Thank you for that lead, the Toyos do look okay.....

Another question is about brake pads, which car were the calipers from? I am considering putting on updated pads, eg the EBC Ones, or stick with standard ones, but need to know which OE part number.....

Thanks in advance [:)]

AcemanToo

• View Profile
A couple of questions
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 19:34:24 »
Hi Nev,
   The fronts are listed as being Mondeo (15" wheels, and Granada/Scorpio 2.9i 24V Cosworth. Ferodo No is FDB 767 A. The rears are Sierra (ABS), Sapphire (ABS), Granada/Scorpio, Scorpio 2.0,2.3,2.5. The Ferodo No is FDB398.Relevant years are 93/94 for the rears and 92/93 for the fronts. Hope that helps! Next question?!!![8D]

Nev

• View Profile
A couple of questions
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 17:35:24 »
Super ! Thank you AcemanToo.

No more questions just now....  But likely more later.

Nev

• View Profile
A couple of questions
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2012, 00:48:58 »
Okay, one more........ Steering rack an track rods are Sierra?

AcemanToo

• View Profile
A couple of questions
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2012, 15:04:39 »
Ah! Looks like you've got me on that one! The steering column plastic bush in the bulkhead is a Sierra one, and the stalks on the steering column are Granada, so, could be one or the other. Luckily Ford stamp everything with a code which tells you the model, part number and year, for example, 92GG 17C499 BA, which is for the wiper relay. The 92 stands for the year, the GG is for Granada and the remaining bit is the part code. A Fiesta electric window switch is 91AG 14529 AC. The Ace uses quite a lot of Ford parts so there's a good chance that the rack originated from Ford. The tricky bit is that many of the parts have been given new part numbers - a Ford dealer will be able to check for you on their computer parts list. What is your chassis number? Mine is DE 1034 which is car number 34 of the production run. Later cars can have different parts fitted when compared to the earlier ones just to make it a bit more interesting!

Nev

• View Profile
A couple of questions
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2012, 22:11:40 »
Great info there again, I popped mine up on some ramps to have a good look underneath (all is good) and the mechanic recognised the rack as Sierra, so likely that, but  info stamped on it wil tell, it seems. I have #38 of the run, so it is one of the early ones.

Nev

• View Profile
A couple of questions
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2012, 10:25:26 »
Okay, Got the Toyos and they seem good so far :-)

I have the EBC brake pads (to be fitted soon) but the coding on the website I bought from (www.ebcbrakesdirect.co.uk) had the wrong code for the rear pads listed - I included the Ferodo info as from AcemanToo above, and this enabled them to get the correct ones before sending.

Does anyone know the code for the timing belt?

AcemanToo

• View Profile
A couple of questions
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2012, 19:53:17 »
If you've got the Ford 302 engine, there's a timing chain, rather than a belt. If you are thinking of the serpentine belt that's located at the front of the engine and powers the aircon, power steering etc, go to www.realsteel.com or give them a ring on 01895 440 505. They are absolutely brilliant for all engine parts for the ford engines. You can download a two-part parts list for the Ford 302 from their website. Good luck!

Max Allan

• View Profile
A couple of questions
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012, 19:01:39 »
The replacement belt AC supplied me (before their demise) was too long resulting in an irritating knocking as the tensioner repeatedly hit the travel stop. So I took my own measurement  and ordered a 96 inch (2440 mm) belt from Goodyear #4060960, which, to my relief, proved spot one.[:)]

Nev

• View Profile
A couple of questions
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2012, 14:31:59 »
Sorry,[:I] yes, the serpentine belt is the one I am meaning.

Thanks for the info and steer to realsteel.