Author Topic: Disappointed by this forum?  (Read 24594 times)

Emmanueld

• View Profile
Disappointed by this forum?
« on: January 26, 2007, 21:00:12 »
I am somewhat disappointed by this forum, I thought we would discuss various technical aspects of AC Cars and instead we end up arguing over kit car value and whether or not the MKIV is a real AC or not. I would like to see more questions and answers about real AC cars like Acecas’, Bristols’, Zephyrs’, Cobras’, 428s’ Etc.
   I guess that’s why we don’t hear much from original AC owners, a pity.
   [?]

Emmanuel

Jan_AC_MKIV_1227

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 21:06:37 »
maybe if the forum members were constantly provoked, that would happen??

Emmanueld

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 21:12:28 »
Maybe we should have a separate forum about kit cars as well! It could be interesting as well!

Emmanuel

jbottini

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 21:22:33 »
zoom...right over the consious level of some

ak1234

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 21:34:24 »
LOL .... say it slowly AC OWNERS CLUB .... not replica's and kit cars .. thats CLUB COBRA ..

SB7019

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 21:39:30 »
AK 1234.

I agree.  Plus UK Cobra Club for those this side of the pond.

linklaw

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 23:20:29 »
Hmmmmmm, what forum contributor has consistently bad mouthed the AC MKIV and tried to equate his kit car to an original AC? Maybe he can post some more photos of his car and try harder to convince other forum members how original it is. Maybe then he'll complain some more about lack of AC content. I think we have encountered the king of trolls! LOL

jbottini

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2007, 23:39:09 »
hear!! hear!!!!

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2007, 00:03:18 »
Hi

Don,t want to be a KILL JOY !!!!   But this is The AC Club web site,  Lets discuss ACs and leave  AC-rap copy of   The Cobra to those unfortuneate souls who cannot play with the real thing.

We can all live together and appreciate each others toys irrespective of being real Ali jobs, Ali / Fibreglass or Carbon  copies etc etc.

But SERIOUSLY, all this CRAP on Copies just makes most of us True enthusiast switch off.  So lets have serious discussion, serious help to keep our  genuine ACs on the road and track.

There are Thousands of cheap Cobra Facsimily Forums out there, use them for cheap entertainment and use the ACOC Forum for what it is intended...... Enjoyment, assistance and networking  for the benifit of true enthusiasts wether they be owners or not.

Enough said..... Sorry to go on ...... but I like so many Club Members I have simply had enough of this Diarrhea...

A Disillusioned AC Ace Bristol owner, Who uses his car on  Both Road and Track in Europe and UK all year round and has also  learnt to share it with his two Sons ( and Julie ).

I better keep a low profile for some weeks, maybe live in the garage and carry out some preventive maintenance.  ( Hard hat and thick skin not essential but helpfull whilst in the front line )

Enjoy !!

Keith

Jan_AC_MKIV_1227

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2007, 00:29:17 »
oh yeah, completely agree

dave

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2007, 00:31:14 »
I am sorry if my presence has upset some of you. If you take the time to read the following thread you will see that my first post on it (About no. 14 ish)was by no means trolling but replying with figures as to the cost of a fully built Kirkham.(Something I would like to do)(Costing out kit cars is my job). It all got out of hand when the starter of this thread decided that the kirkham was not a kit. (18th post in this thread:- http://www.racecar.co.uk/acoc/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=228 )
   Will someone who he actually respects please tell him that the Kirkham is a kit car for gods sake.
   If you want me to go just say and I'm gone. All those in favour say aye etc.

Jan_AC_MKIV_1227

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2007, 01:49:35 »
Dave, you are NOT the problem.

linklaw

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2007, 02:28:20 »
Dave, my post was not in any way directed at you or your input on this forum. Your insight on the subject at hand was appreciated.

Emmanueld

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2007, 04:09:19 »
I am talking about original ACs' not MKIV!! (the real thing). You guys have your own forum!
                                     [:D]

ak1234

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2007, 04:53:36 »
I'm not dissapointed by this forum ... not sure what your talking about ... matter of fact a number of very knowledgeable members I have spoken to have given me valauble information which I cannot get anywhere else.