Author Topic: 15inch diameter FRONT TYRES  (Read 2179 times)

Alan Faulkner-Stevens

• View Profile
15inch diameter FRONT TYRES
« on: January 21, 2007, 09:23:17 »
For any member whose vehicle is fitted with 15inch wheels I have available a pair of the very latest Avon CR6ZZ race specification road legal tyres. They are 215/60x15, I mounted them onto the rims and covered 15 miles on a gentle road test. I have a full set of Avons on my CRS, but having brought the four and fitted them to the car and I now feel the fronts wheels could take a slightly wider tyre.
   This I have done, so these two original 215's are available. They are of course as new, cost a fortune to buy from Avon Motorsport but would sell them to a Club member at a resonable price. Any body who has an interest can e-mail me on faulknerstevens@btinternet.com
   best wishes
   Alan Faulkner-Stevens [MkIV Registrar]

C9OBY

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 23:02:31 »
Hi Alan,

What have you replaced your front tyres with?

Cheers
   Bruce

Alan Faulkner-Stevens

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 07:14:17 »
Hello Bruce, how is that nice CRS of yours? I have changed the 215/60x15 tyres for a pair of 225/65x15's. These are that little wider but the downside is they are 40mm taller than the 215's. Using these is a double edged sword, they are the width I really wanted and just look nicer however they are much taller. In my cars case as I have both front and rear anti-roll bars, the extra height given by the new tyres has given me just that little extra ground clearance and where I live, it is a blessing.
   I have also adjusted the rear spring seat heights and slightly lowered the rear bodywork over the wheels, thus making the gap between tyre and body smaller. A small point in defense of the 215's they are the same width as the original 225/50x16's when mounted in both width and height. Most people thought there was nothing wrong with the 215 tyre and they would be right, it was my decision the change just to achieve a particular look...bloody expensive way to get it though!!!!!
   very best wishes, Alan