Author Topic: Bristol Engine new Crank, Conrods, Pistons, Cam  (Read 2573 times)

Glen Smytheman

• View Profile
Bristol Engine new Crank, Conrods, Pistons, Cam
« on: March 24, 2012, 20:21:41 »
Hi all and Greetings from NZ,

The work on BE1175's gearbox, suspension, brakes and steering is progressing well.  I have missed getting back on the road for the NZ summer but we are just coming to the end of the worst summer in the last 25 years so its not been a major loss.

Once the currrent work is completed I am also looking at doing the engine.  Its going fine at the present time but I am looking at doing a full overhaul to include the following:

1) New crank - the only one I am aware of is Farndon in England at GBP1800.
   2) New conrods - available from Frandon as well at GBP180 each.
   3) New pistols
   4) New camshaft

BE1175 is used on the road and not raced - I am interested to see where others are sourcing these parts from new (anywhere in the world is fine).

I am also keen to hear from anyone that has used a Farndon crank to check that they have been happy with it.

I would also be interested in hearing from anyone that may have purchased these parts new (for example bought for a project that did not proceed) and may be wishing to dispose of them.

Glen Smytheman

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 10:39:21 »
Might it be better(more economical) to have the crank reground, or do you know whether it has been done previously? Just an option, Nik.

lew

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 16:16:36 »
Farndon cranks are fine( I have only used for race Cooper s) but service is is not in their vocabulary.Expect the worst and you wont be disappointed
   Lew

3.8Jaguar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 15:29:09 »
We can supply for all your Bristol engine needs.
   Cranks
   Rods
   Pistons
   Bearings
   Push rods
   Camshafts  etc

Please contact us with a shopping list for all together quotation.

Regards

James Harris

www.bristolengineering.co.uk