Author Topic: Ac greyhound front suspension units  (Read 2866 times)

Mark White

• View Profile
Ac greyhound front suspension units
« on: May 23, 2012, 00:52:16 »
I am looking to get a pair of new shock absorbers [springs and damper units] for the front of BEF2551. I am missing the front springs.I have a pair of armstrong units that need servicing or replacing with new.Can anyone recommend replacement units that  I can fit and a supplier to contact.Does anyone have a parts no for the armstrong units as I maybe able to trace them from armstrong as the manufacturing side has been sold off three times.There are not any numbers on the units I have.I also need four washers for the bottom joints with grease grooves in them.Thanks

nidge

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 22:11:49 »
I have replaced all four corners on my Greyhound. The front ones because they were odd and then the back ones because one started to leak and did not do a lot. The front complete with springs were made by Leda who offer adjustable dampers or not. They went bust, but their successors again Leda took over the manufacture and made me a pair for the back. They are at: 20, Victoria Road, Draycott, Derby. Phone: 01332 871821. I think they have a web site so try a search. They list the Greyhound and Cobra on their product list. Regarding your grooved washers, they are standard Triumph TR4A (the bottom trunnion is angled and handed) or above, so if you go to Moss, Rimmer Bros or James Caddock they have the parts lists on line so you can see what it is you want. A service kit for both sides is not very expensive but they now use through bolts rather than the splined pin that was originally used and fitted to AC's, so you do not have to split the wishbone. I think Koni(Ikon) make coil overs too. If you do a search for suspension units as I did originally, I had a feast of a time looking at suspension bras for athletically fit women playing tennis in their bras!

Mark White

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 09:36:17 »
Thankyou for your reply I will give them a try,I spent best part of a morning searching on line and phoning around without much luck.

RJE

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 16:37:31 »
Have you tried Stevson Motors in Birmingham, they can rebuild many Armstrong S/A Units.

http://www.stevsonmotors.co.uk/Stevson%20Motors%20-%20Homepage.html

Tel +44 (0) 121 472 1702