Author Topic: AC MkVI  (Read 81598 times)

Rob.Hendriks

• View Profile
AC MkVI
« Reply #135 on: April 16, 2015, 12:29:14 »
Certainly is in NZ....

Spantik

• View Profile
AC MkVI
« Reply #136 on: April 17, 2015, 17:59:17 »
Hey Mark, this is the case, one car shall be homologated in Switzerland and the rest follows, but you need a "first seed" which is still missing. Hope that mine will serve future potential interested people in Switzerland. Sera que sera.

But first things first, the European homologation shall be obtained first, that eases up the process... Well, I said eases, not speeds !

rstainer

• View Profile
AC MkVI
« Reply #137 on: June 15, 2015, 13:09:21 »
The Mark VI was announced as being ‘on sale in Continental Europe at a launch price of €109,000 plus taxes’ in March 2012, with Jeremy Mackenzie observing that “The problem for AC in recent years has been an inability to meet the demands of dealers, and any company that can’t meet the expectations of its clients is doomed to failure. Our new manufacturing ability will ensure that things can be different this time.”

No homologation for a car launched into the European market three years ago is clearly different, but is it the sort of difference that Mackenzie had in mind?

Chafford

• View Profile
AC MkVI
« Reply #138 on: August 22, 2015, 17:09:48 »
Poor old Emmanuel informs me that he still hasn't got his MkVI!

Chafford

• View Profile
AC MkVI
« Reply #139 on: September 05, 2015, 15:20:17 »
...And that he's walking away if he doesn't get it by the end of this year. Can you blame him?

jbottini

• View Profile
AC MkVI
« Reply #140 on: September 05, 2015, 18:20:14 »
Another victim of A.L........

nikbj68

• View Profile
AC MkVI
« Reply #141 on: September 05, 2015, 18:37:06 »
quote:
Originally posted by Chafford

Poor old Emmanuel informs me that he still hasn't got his MkVI...And that he's walking away if he doesn't get it by the end of this year. Can you blame him?

But how can this be? According to AC Cars Ltd, I quote:
   "AC Cars Ltd’s mission is to provide exceptional retail and ownership support, services and personalization to the premium sports car enthusiasts in the US.
    AND
   "AC Cars Ltd is dedicated to the distribution of AC Cars Limited products through the development of an independent dealer network offering retail sales, service and support of all AC Cars Products... in the United States".

Aah. I see. Emmanuel & Rob are on the wrong continents. [:(][V]

Chafford

• View Profile
AC MkVI
« Reply #142 on: September 05, 2015, 18:46:53 »
quote:
Originally posted by nikbj68

quote:
Originally posted by Chafford

Poor old Emmanuel informs me that he still hasn't got his MkVI...And that he's walking away if he doesn't get it by the end of this year. Can you blame him?

But how can this be? According to AC Cars Ltd, I quote:
   "AC Cars Ltd’s mission is to provide exceptional retail and ownership support, services and personalization to the premium sports car enthusiasts in the US.
    AND
   "AC Cars Ltd is dedicated to the distribution of AC Cars Limited products through the development of an independent dealer network offering retail sales, service and support of all AC Cars Products... in the United States".

Aah. I see. Emmanuel & Rob are on the wrong continents. [:(][V]

Wrong AC website. This is the one for Emmanuel![B)]

http://www.ac-automotive.com/en/

Rob.Hendriks

• View Profile
AC MkVI
« Reply #143 on: September 06, 2015, 00:31:17 »
Well done Nick on recognising NZ as a continent, we have been trying to convince the world of this for eons :)

Spantik

• View Profile
AC MkVI
« Reply #144 on: October 23, 2015, 08:48:50 »
Yes, the new official website since the formal foundation of AC Automotive by Jürgen Mohr and his partner Laurent Abert in 2011 from the extinct Gullwing GmbH which initiated the AC Mk VI in 2009.

https://www.kompany.com/p/de/hrb711850%20mannheim

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
AC MkVI
« Reply #145 on: October 23, 2015, 09:29:27 »
What happened to Gullwing GmbH?

jrlucke

• View Profile
AC MkVI
« Reply #146 on: October 23, 2015, 17:56:22 »
A couple of questions regarding the specs, what does the aluminum epoxy body mean and it it my understanding that the engine is provided by Chevrolet. The specifications say it's a V8 Compressor (supercharged?) engine of 6.2 liters producing 437 BHP and 585 NM torque.

My non-supercharged 2012 6.2 liter Corvette produces 430 BHP and 580 NM torque. This suggests only a 7 HP and 5 NM gain from the supercharger?

The current Corvette 6.2 liter non-supercharged engine produces 460 BHP and 630 NM!

rstainer

• View Profile
AC MkVI
« Reply #147 on: October 24, 2015, 12:34:12 »
Bryan asks an interesting question. What did happen to Gullwing GmbH?

RS

Spantik

• View Profile
AC MkVI
« Reply #148 on: October 28, 2015, 12:11:00 »
Well, well, well,... What happened to Gullwing GmbH? You'd better ask Mercedes ;-)

Spantik

• View Profile
AC MkVI
« Reply #149 on: October 28, 2015, 12:16:58 »
Hey John, the body is a mix of fibreglass and aluminium, the aluminium being mixed to the epoxy for better longevity of the body.
   The engine is a crate LS3 by Chevy (http://www.chevrolet.com/performance/crate-engines/ls3.html), not supercharged or compressor, so far I know.