Author Topic: Brooklands Ace wheel centres  (Read 4483 times)

AcemanToo

• View Profile
Brooklands Ace wheel centres
« on: February 21, 2012, 20:22:51 »
Hi Everyone!

Don't know if there's anyone out there who can help but I've lost one of the wheel centres for my 1995 AC Brooklands Ace. It's currently sitting in a hedge somewhere relatively close to my home, but so far, no luck at all in finding it. Does anyone have a wheel centre to sell, or know of somewhere that might have one? I tried OZ Racing who made the wheels but learnt that they were very specific to the Ace with no commonality with any other car. Great eh! Hope to hear something,
   Regards,
   Patrick Moynihan.

Wally

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 00:05:58 »
I have seen quite a few different wheels on these cars, so you may have to post a picture to get any help locating one.

Wally

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 08:15:17 »
Hi Patrick, and welcome to the forum!
   Steve Gray at AC Heritage/Brooklands Motor Company would be my first stop, good luck!

AcemanToo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 20:34:20 »
Hi Wally,
   I've tried to put a photo on this but without any luck. The wheel centre is 15cm across and is fixed to the wheel with a single set screw. It's made out of some sort of plastic which is sprayed to match the wheel. I'm looking into having some made out of ABS using a system of 3D modelling but I suspect that could be a bit pricy as there would no doubt be a minimum order of perhaps 40 or 50. The other option would be to have a set made out of aluminium of a suitable thickness. The profile is very straightforward so it shouldn't be too expensive!

quote:
Originally posted by Wally

I have seen quite a few different wheels on these cars, so you may have to post a picture to get any help locating one.

Wally

AcemanToo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 20:36:15 »
Many thanks for the suggestion! I'll give them a try and haope that, if they do have one, that it won't need a second mortgage to buy it!

quote:
Originally posted by nikbj68

Hi Patrick, and welcome to the forum!
   Steve Gray at AC Heritage/Brooklands Motor Company would be my first stop, good luck!

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 17:48:11 »
And here are 2 of the remaining 3 to compare with!

AcemanToo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 10:47:06 »
I am in the process of obtaining quotes for the re-manufacture of a batch of wheel centres for the Brooklands Ace. These are the ones that are 15cm in diameter as per the attached photo. Two options are available, (1) an exact copy in ABS material or (2) turned aluminium which would then need to be sprayed silver to match the wheels. Either option would be made with an improved fixing boss through which the fixing set screw goes. Owners of cars with these particular OZ wheels would be well advised to check that the boss on their existing wheel centres is not splitting away from the rest of the centre. Incidentally, OZ Racing is unable to supply the wheel centre as it is obsolete. I'd very much appreciate it if you could let me know if this is of any interest to you as an Ace owner. The more takers, the lower the end price!

quote:
Originally posted by nikbj68

And here are 2 of the remaining 3 to compare with!