Author Topic: Online Membership  (Read 4660 times)

DGoose

• View Profile
Online Membership
« on: February 10, 2012, 11:46:36 »
Online membership payment, a brief update.

Since the introduction of the Paypal payment gateway at the end of July last year the club has attracted a number of new members via the shop site, some from the UK but many from abroad including Scandinavia, Europe, Australia and the US.

The numbers below pertain solely to those members who have chosen Paypal as their payment choice, other new members will have chosen to pay their dues via more traditional means.

New Members: 32
   Membership Renewal: 15

Considering that renewals are not due until the end of the month the figures would suggest that Paypal will be a useful addition to our payment options.

Some minor alterations have been made to the shop site including enhanced drop box options for Country and County/State locations.
   We also have a box for inclusion of your current membership number.

It is not necessary to have a Paypal account to use the portal as normal credit / debit cards can be processed through the Paypal system.

www.acownersclub-shop.co.uk

For existing members renewal payments are due before March 1st.

New members joining now get the benefit of a full 12 months membership including 11 editions of our award winning club magazine ACtion.

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
Online Membership
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 12:01:07 »
I renewed my membership with Paypal & found it fine, it is a very helpful addition for the club & i would expect could be extended to purchase of spares.

Robin

acmathom

• View Profile
Online Membership
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 15:23:10 »
Hello,
   this is a very convenient service for renewal! I did work well with my Paypal account, even german countries are listed in the address lines [:)]
   Thank you!
   Jurgen

ACOCArch

• View Profile
Online Membership
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 16:01:09 »
Paid on Tuesday Membership Card received on Friday!

No problem!

Thank you

SB7015

• View Profile
Online Membership
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 21:58:16 »
Could we have an update of how many existing members have paid electronically, by other methods and how many existing members who have not paid?
   Why not use email to remind members who may have forgotten payment is due!
   Thank you for moving in to the 21st century.

Malcolm

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
Online Membership
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 08:16:31 »
good to know for next year

Constant (for whom any payment to someone more than 50 kms away in any direction is an international transfer :-)

W2EC

• View Profile
Online Membership
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 20:30:26 »
As an example, I had let my membership lapse for several years due to the difficulty of making overseas payments and time delays in traditional mail. Just stumbled on the online membership renewal via paypal and instantly renewed. Very happy to see this feature added.

One more thing that would be nice is if the regalia area had an online shop (or at least an email contact) for members, as well as more email addresses for officers, for those of us at considerable distance from the Club centre. It might help the timely exchange of information and bring revenue to the Club as more items might be sold. International phone service is still not practical due to time differences, never know when you might be bothering someone at an inconvenient time. With email, it is easy to just drop a note and have the recipient review it at their convenience.

Best regards,
   Paul

terry3000me

• View Profile
Online Membership
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2012, 12:57:49 »
The on line Regalia shop is presently being discussed.

There is an e-mail regalia contact, and has been for quite some time, shown on the Regalia pages in ACtion.

Terry

W2EC

• View Profile
Online Membership
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 01:57:59 »
Thank you Terry,

Having just renewed after a lapse of more than a few years, I haven't received my latest ACtion since the renewal, so didn't realize the Regalia email address was there. I will look into it as soon as my ACtion arrives.

Regards,
   Paul