Author Topic: Cobras for Cholmondeley Pageant of Power  (Read 3818 times)

cobham cobra

• View Profile
Cobras for Cholmondeley Pageant of Power
« on: February 13, 2012, 13:48:11 »
The organisers of The Cholmondeley Pageant of Power http://www.cpop.co.uk/
   are keen to have the Cobra represented at their event in June (15th to 17th). It would be good to have  the club represented so please let me know if you are interested and I will be happy to provide you with info and contact detail for the organisers and local accommodation.
   Thanks – John.

CRS9505

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 18:49:01 »
Does that include CRS models?

cobham cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 16:35:39 »
Hi Mike,
   My understanding is yes it does.
   Thanks - John.

terry3000me

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 14:35:40 »
John, any idea how does this differ from what Richard (Wright) is currently arranging?
   As page 34 of this months ACtion

Terry

cobham cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 12:29:07 »
Hi Terry,
   It's Richard that I've been in contact with. He would like to have more Cobras for his event.
   Cheers - John.

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 14:02:53 »
As I recall, 2 years ago, Richard, despite his best efforts, received little support, there were only a handful of AC`s there, and unfortunateley, the MkIV that attended on the first day was involved in an accident and couldn`t return for the rest of the event.
   There was no ACOC presence last year, despite notable AC presence in the form of Barrie Bird with a98, the `64 Le Mans Coupé, Bill Bridges with the 'Hairy Canary' and the interesting 'Monoposto' former Aceca.
   The change of date this year should hopefully mean we miss the rotten weather of last year, but it IS a smashing event, and it would be fantastic to see The ACOC flying their flag with pride, during such an auspicious year!

SB7019

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 17:47:13 »
I would love to go but it clashes with the Brooklands Double Twelve which is a lot closer and should be just as much fun.

teabagtuner

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 21:34:50 »
Hello All,
   Just to answer some of the questions raised.
   Mike -  The AC CRS model is most welcome to attend.
   This event - "Cobras At The Castle" has been organised in conjunction with the Cholmondeley Pageant Of Power Team to celebrate the 'First Fifty Years Of The Cobra'.   It is not an ACOC organised event, but  ACOC members can certainly attend.  Discounted tickets are available, more details to follow shortly.
   Nick - The Competition Class specifically for Cobras is now full and comprises many illustrious period Cobras piloted by some very well known drivers.
   So far we have models from the Mk I Cobra right through to the 427 Cobra and several interesting derivatives.  There is certainly room for more Cobras for the display,at this stage, and I am particularly looking for further Mk IV models to attend.
   I would however like to thank all the Cobra Owners both here and abroad for their encouraging interest to date.

If you have an interest in Cobras, but want to see and hear them in close-up action, then this could be the event for you !
   Hope to see you this summer (June 16/17),   Richard.

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2012, 12:06:29 »
Dad & I will definitely be there, hoepfully in the Greyhound if the engine is back in by then!
   Seeing a98 power away off the line was a truly stirring sight, as was seeing it catch air over the hump-backed bridge at the end of the run!
   Sorry we won`t have the company of my favourite Superblower, enjoy the Double Twelve, Peter!

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2012, 17:40:32 »
Rather than clog up the forum with double-posts, see The Cholmondeley Thread for Photos & info to accompany the above post!