Author Topic: Brooklands Double Twelve event  (Read 9245 times)

shep

• View Profile
Brooklands Double Twelve event
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2012, 13:43:39 »
Hi John, On Sunday a few of us met at the Princess Royal Pub at Runfold Surrey. I had the pleasure of meeting Mark Pepper and his family, who had turned out in their White 1953 AC 2 litre Sport Convertible. He was quite interested in bringing his car to the Double Twelve, if you would like him to. What a lovely Sunday, sunshine, lovely cars and good beer! (Health and Safety: The ACOC does not encourage drinking and driving, but does encourage like minded enthusiasts to share their interest in cars) Here endeth the reading.

cobham cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2012, 11:07:23 »
Last call for any additions to the club display. Anyone interested in coming along with their car on either day, please email or call me.
   Thanks – John.

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2012, 23:57:30 »
John, do you have access to some sort of portal in the time-space continuum that allows you to be at Brooklands AND Cholmondeley at the same time?
   (As Murray would say:)'Unless I`m very much mistaken', TACO is on the ENTRIES LIST page for the CPOP!!![:D]

aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2012, 00:34:42 »
quote:
Originally posted by nikbj68

John, do you have access to some sort of portal in the time-space continuum that allows you to be at Brooklands AND Cholmondeley at the same time?
   (As Murray would say:)'Unless I`m very much mistaken', TACO is on the ENTRIES LIST page for the CPOP!!![:D]

Come on Nik, it is perfectly feasable to do two events in one day [:)]

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2012, 02:51:42 »
quote:
Originally posted by aaron: Come on Nik, it is perfectly feasable to do two events in one day [:)]
One weekend, maybe, but I think any 'quality time' at 2 events 200 miles apart in a day is pushing it... even for a Cobra! [:o)]

cobham cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2012, 13:59:00 »
Simple, two Cobras. One real and a copy [:)]

No, the real answer is that I wanted to support the POP and contacted them long before I got the dates for the X12. I had already provided the photos and had planned to do the event. The situation changed, I am a trust member at Brooklands and in talking with them they suggested it would be good to have a club display etc.

The difficult decision was either to attend an event 200 miles away, or one that is less than 3 miles away ? I would really like to do both, but I don’t think I can. Having recently returned from an 1800 mile trip to the Monaco Historic GP, I’ve had more than enough motorway miles for a while.

I do feel a bit bad about it, but there’s no way the Rev-limiter will sit in the car for another 500 mile round trip – not with the Le Mans trip coming up soon.

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2012, 14:33:21 »
OK, you`re excused! Hopefully next year the CPOP won`t clash with anything & you can come oop for a reet grand northern knees-oop!
   As long as we have an exchange of photos etc. here for those that cannot attend one or both events that`ll have to do. [;)]