Author Topic: Mk IV antisway bar mounting  (Read 11427 times)

Paul Mundy

• View Profile
Mk IV antisway bar mounting
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2013, 08:00:00 »
Garry
   Yes indeed it does
   Paul

ps I tried to email  you with details when the issue was first raised but presumably your address has changed from that in the members details

cobham cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2013, 17:28:32 »
For what it's worth, Thunder Road made and fitted a front anti-roll / anti-sway bar to the front of my car and it made a massive improvement to handling. They advised against fitting a rear bar saying it wasn't really needed for the road. they said even when they fit one to a race car they disconnect it for wet weather racing.
   BTW - T-R make each bar to fit a specific car, so can't do mail-order.

SB7019

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2013, 17:53:20 »
Following John's ( Cobham Cobra)  recommendation I had TR do the same work on my car and am absolutely delighted with the results.  They made and fitted a front ARB and reset the suspension to their specifications .  This in combination with 15" Avons has created a car with very nice handling, roadholding and braking with no detriment to the ride.  TR's view is that a rear ARB can make the ride too harsh for normal road use and is only really suitable if you plan to do some serious track work.  I know that Spikey Fish has a TR rear ARB as well ( with much lower rear ride height  settings ) but he does get round a track in class winning times!