Author Topic: How many 428 Frua left?  (Read 60854 times)

Classicus

• View Profile
How many 428 Frua left?
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2007, 12:49:31 »
Be an idea to include fastback JLH 182K onto this thread as well...

Any idea of the total number of 428's discovered so far ? [:)]

Classicus

• View Profile
How many 428 Frua left?
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2007, 13:37:03 »
I delayed posting these pics of fastback DLX 55J a day or so just in case anyone might have heard of or (amazingly !) be the current owner as obviously it’s not pretty viewing at all.

I answered a very brief ad. for this car back in about ’78 or ’79 and travelled up from London to Chesterfield to see it as the guy said it was repairable, also it sounded cheap at £2000 !!

Nevertheless I decided to keep the photos as I felt it could one day be useful historical proof for any future Register.

Such a shame and waste !   [V]

Damien

• View Profile
How many 428 Frua left?
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2007, 14:19:02 »
Hello,

I recently own the AC 428 convertible CF 9.  It's engine is about to be overhauled, as well as the electrical system and a convertion from automatic to manual.  I am looking for original seats (whatever the condition) and front bumpers.  Can anybody help ?
   Damien Heymans (Belgium)

Emmanueld

• View Profile
How many 428 Frua left?
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2007, 15:56:51 »
Hello Damien, I don't know where you can locate these! You might have to have them made. What are you doing to the engine? Which transmission will you use? Emmanuel

Classicus

• View Profile
How many 428 Frua left?
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2007, 11:45:46 »
Haynes Motor Museum near Yeovil in Somerset have a red convertible and used to have a fastback as well though not sure what the current situation is.

A pic of their AC collection....

http://rides.webshots.com/album/199417728MTyKxv

Stefan Dierkes

• View Profile
How many 428 Frua left?
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2007, 15:57:14 »
quote:
Originally posted by Classicus

I delayed posting these pics of fastback DLX 55J a day or so just in case anyone might have heard of or (amazingly !) be the current owner as obviously it’s not pretty viewing at all.
   I answered a very brief ad. for this car back in about ’78 or ’79 and travelled up from London to Chesterfield to see it as the guy said it was repairable, also it sounded cheap at £2000 !!
   Nevertheless I decided to keep the photos as I felt it could one day be useful historical proof for any future Register.

Hello Classicus,

Thank you very much for these very interesting photos of DLX 55J which is chassis no. CF 62. The restored car (colour: white) has been offered for sale in 2006.
   Could you please send me your photos in higher resolution for my Registro Pietro Frua (www.pietro-frua.de)?

Stefan

Classicus

• View Profile
How many 428 Frua left?
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2007, 17:09:01 »
quote:
Hello Classicus,

Thank you very much for these very interesting photos of DLX 55J which is chassis no. CF 62. The restored car (colour: white) has been offered for sale in 2006.
   Could you please send me your photos in higher resolution for my Registro Pietro Frua (www.pietro-frua.de)?

Stefan

Hi Stefan

Well that is amazing after all these years ! I've often wondered what happened to DLX....[:)] Was it actually sold in 2006 or is it still for sale ?

If it's ok with the Club(?), when I get a few moments I'll post them all back into this thread again.

You have a very good and informative website. A lot of hard work gone into it, well done [:)]

Emmanueld

• View Profile
How many 428 Frua left?
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2007, 18:51:37 »
Hello Stefan,

How are you? how is the registry going?

Emmanuel

Stefan Dierkes

• View Profile
How many 428 Frua left?
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2007, 11:52:01 »
quote:
   Hi Stefan

Well that is amazing after all these years ! I've often wondered what happened to DLX....[:)] Was it actually sold in 2006 or is it still for sale ?

If it's ok with the Club(?), when I get a few moments I'll post them all back into this thread again.

You have a very good and informative website. A lot of hard work gone into it, well done [:)]

Hi Classicus,

You can send me the photos directly via e-mail and I will post them on my website. Please add your full name and city, so that I can acknowledge your copyright properly.

Unfortunately I do not know, if CF 62 has been sold or not. It was announced for the Kruse auction at Monterey (18. Aug 2006) but is not included in the results list. There was an ad at collectorarads.com in May 2006 naming the private seller Craig White (phone 760-436-9313). Perhaps somebody from the USA can just call and ask him.

Stefan

Stefan Dierkes

• View Profile
How many 428 Frua left?
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2007, 12:06:38 »
quote:
Originally posted by Emmanueld

Hello Stefan,

How are you? how is the registry going?

Emmanuel

Hello Emmanuel,

Thank you I am fine. Though I did not have the time to push the Frua registry as far as I would like, because I just finished writing a book (not Frua). There are several hundreds of cars which I do research on and my time has to be divided amongst them.
   Unfortunately I don't have the time to visit the AC Owners Club Forum very often and I could not find a possibility to get informed via e-mail about new entries as it is usual in other forums. Therefore it is better to contact me via e-mail. Nevertheless I can offer to document the Frua bodied ACs on my website and I will include all information which I get. I already have collected a lot of information on the AC 428 Coupés, but it is still very incomplete and I did not find the time yet to publish it on the website. Contributors are warmly welcome.

To those who criticised the English translation on my website: Unfortunately I started the website several years ago in German, because I was not aware about the international interest it would evoke. Therefore I later added the link to the automatic translation, which is a machine translation and therefore far from perfect and sometimes funny. I hope that it is at least better than to read the website in German for those who don't understand that language.

Stefan

nikbj68

• View Profile
How many 428 Frua left?
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2007, 14:44:40 »
quote:
Originally posted by Stefan Dierkes
   ....To those who criticised the English translation on my website: Unfortunately I started the website several years ago in German, ...Therefore I later added the link to the automatic translation, which is a machine translation and therefore far from perfect and sometimes funny. I hope that it is at least better than to read the website in German for those who don't understand that language.
   Stefan

Hi Stefan. Congratulations on a very nicely built & researched site!
   No criticism intended regarding the online translation, it is a useful tool, as you say, "less than perfect and sometimes funny" but all the better for it!
   Best regards, Nik.

Classicus

• View Profile
How many 428 Frua left?
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2007, 17:25:04 »
Hi Stefan

Sorry I haven’t come back to you sooner very busy at the moment.

I’ve never had to think at all about the Copyright side of things as I collected and researched whatever I could down the years just for my own personal interest and enjoyment. And up until about the beginning of March I never even knew that there was an AC Club Forum for the 428 either, so it’s all happened very quickly !

However I think that as the Club and nikbj68 have been very kind to let me post all my disjointed ramblings and other bits and pieces onto their Forum to begin with, it’s only fair that in return I pass all Copyrights that are applicable over to them permanently to deal with as they wish. So perhaps best you get in touch with nikjb68 to begin with ? Me, I’m just glad to have had the opportunity to listen and talk to others after so long who feel the same way I do !

Many thanks Club and nikbj68 !!  [:)] [:)]

nikbj68

• View Profile
How many 428 Frua left?
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2007, 06:43:49 »
quote:

Hi ...I think that as the Club and nikbj68 have been very kind to let me post all my disjointed ramblings and other bits and pieces onto their Forum to begin with, it’s only fair that in return I pass all Copyrights that are applicable over to them permanently to deal with as they wish. So perhaps best you get in touch with nikjb68 to begin with ? Me, I’m just glad to have had the opportunity to listen and talk to others after so long who feel the same way I do !

Many thanks Club and nikbj68 !!  [:)] [:)]

[:I] Kind words, indeed, thanks!
   I can`t take any credit for anything other than being an enthusiast who (according to 'erself!)spends a little too much time indulging my interest here!
   As far as copyright goes, any pics I post are either mine, with owners` consent or referenced to source, but I think Stefan`s main concern is that you are credited for your efforts!
   Unless you (try to)earn a crust from your photography and are happy to see them in the public domain, please keep sharing!
   I have learned a lot from this forum, and the many sites that I would never have found(Stefan`s, in particular) otherwise. [8D]

Classicus

• View Profile
How many 428 Frua left?
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2007, 09:40:37 »
quote:
As far as copyright goes, any pics I post are either mine, with owners` consent or referenced to source

A bit new all this so thanks for the advice ! Nevertheless I’d still like to show my appreciation to the Club in some way for all their hard work past and present, so if it’s ok all round (?) I’m happy with something like - “Copyright The AC Owners’ Club With Acknowledgements”. It might also bring in more 428 enthusiasts who don’t know about the Club yet as well ! [8D]

Meantime if I unearth anything else of interest will post as before otherwise quite happy to sit back and continue enjoying the show !

Long live the 428 ! [:)]
   (I wonder when the first limited edition oil and watercolours start appearing ! [;)])

Stefan Dierkes

• View Profile
How many 428 Frua left?
« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2007, 09:30:08 »
Classicus,
   First of all, I need the photos in higher resolution. Second I am a historian and name my sources. With respect to copyright the most important source is the author. The author can transfer the rights of usage to others. But he will stay the author forever. The author of a photography is the photographer. So, I would like to add YOUR name to the photos which YOU took of CF 62. Please contact me directly via e-mail, if you want discuss this topic further.
   Stefan