Author Topic: How many 428 Frua left?  (Read 57245 times)

PJohnson

• View Profile
How many 428 Frua left?
« Reply #105 on: October 19, 2009, 13:02:19 »
quote:
Originally posted by PJohnson

He also has a fastback but I am unsure of the chassis number. However I remember him telling me that it was the last fastback off the production line.

I didn't intend to wait this long between posts but I've found that the fastback my father owns is CF74.

In the 428 register it has him as owning CF65,79 and 81 as these were the 3 cars in Classic and Sportscar Nov. 1986. However CF 65, the fastback present was not his.

Classicus

• View Profile
How many 428 Frua left?
« Reply #106 on: October 19, 2009, 16:32:26 »
Hi

Thanks for the info. all updated. [:)]

Paul

J Jones

• View Profile
How many 428 Frua left?
« Reply #107 on: May 09, 2010, 23:53:07 »
I tried sending an email to Chuck Maddox, but it was returned as "undeliverable". I was replying to his memory of a Frua he saw in Oakville Ontario in 1976 or '77. Old thread (How many 428 Frua are left?; page 3), but I thought I'd just add a little bit of info to the issue of what N. American cars went where. By a process of elimination, I suspect it's more likely the US-bound Fastback was CFX 029, unless his memory of the color of the car was mistaken (or if the car had already had a repaint). Inconclusive, but just a dollop of additional info.  Here's what I tried to email you, Chuck:

Chuck - I was looking over the ACOC 428 forum, and in the "How many 428's are left?" thread, you mentioned a grey fastback you saw in Oakville Ontario, Canada. There's a chance it might have been my car, CFX 029. Andy Shepherd told me that CFX 029 left the factory June 4th, 1969 and was shipped to GARAGE SPECIAL SERVICES in Montreal Canada. However, Factory records state it was painted light green, with black trim (presently red with tan interior), not, as you recalled, Grey. It does have a Holly carb. So I suppose it is possible that all four cars sent to N.America went to Montreal and the US cars sent on from there. My car has a DOT body plate, identifying it as a 1970 Ford. There's no indication when the plate was issued - so it's either contemporary with the cars' original sale, or might have been issued later. Don't know, and don't know how to find out. Big help, eh?  Jeff Jones. A more thorough examination of Factory shipping records would go a long way towards helping to settle the matter. DID all 4 N. America-bound cars get shipped to Canada, or not? Yet another question for Andy Shepherd.

nikbj68

• View Profile
How many 428 Frua left?
« Reply #108 on: May 10, 2010, 00:21:07 »
quote:
Originally posted by J Jones I tried sending an email to Chuck Maddox, but it was returned as "undeliverable".

Unfortunately, they don`t receive email wherever Chuck is now, as he passed away in 2008. [:(]
   Great shame.
   Sorry, Jeff.

J Jones

• View Profile
How many 428 Frua left?
« Reply #109 on: May 10, 2010, 01:51:22 »
Thank you, Nik. I didn't know.

Emmanueld

• View Profile
How many 428 Frua left?
« Reply #110 on: May 13, 2010, 01:43:40 »
AC 428 in Dublin on You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4R1sfcqT90

E [:D]

Emmanueld

• View Profile
How many 428 Frua left?
« Reply #111 on: August 06, 2011, 21:13:04 »
CF62 just sold for $95,000. Lets hope that the above accident was indeed repaired professionally or at least with factory panels! if the car is straight, in the current market, that is an OK buy! This accident supposedly happened late in the 70's when the value of these cars was at their lowest. I doubt very much the repairs were done in the best fashion. Every single panel is damaged, on all sides, it looks bent as well. Now of course everything can be repaired and a good metal smiths with time on his hands could have made this car look like new. Hum!

See at the bottom of page 2 of this thread! DLX55 is CF62

Emmanuel[:)]