Author Topic: Ace/Aceca over riders - later type/mk 2 type  (Read 21669 times)

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Ace/Aceca over riders
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2013, 11:04:19 »
Lew & dkp

For those interested in buying a overrider or two for their Ace /Aceca please find lnk below, Picture of latest batch of Small Ford Spares  over riders..

http://www.smallfordspares.co.uk/products/e493a-17996-b-over-rider-upright-pattern

There appeare to have been two version for securing the over rider to the bumper iron/ bracket.  The version shown  is more secure in as much the whole bolt needs to come adrift before one looses the Over rider, Where as the other version relied on the bolt head to hold/ keep the over rider securely in place..[;)]

Keith..[:)]

alnmary

• View Profile
Ace/Aceca over riders
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2013, 19:15:57 »
On either the Hawk over rider or the Small Ford Spares over rider - how do you guys keep the over riders from rotating about the bolt or stud that holds the over rider onto the bracket? Attaching by only 1 fastener enables the over rider to rotate the fastener no matter how tight you tighten the fastener - how do you keep this from happening? If the over rider was being fastened/locked to a bumper this would not be a problem but this normally isn't done with most Ace Aces as the over rider is out there by itself attached to the bracket.

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Ace/Aceca over riders
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2013, 00:49:38 »
   Alnmary

The Overrider Bracket is a snug fit inside the Overrider and in turn is bolted to through the Ali Body via two bolts. Do you have the correct genuine shape Overrider brackets..[?].

Please confirm your email address and I will photograph a spare bracket and confirm dimensions. very easy to reproduce accurate copies.

Keith

alnmary

• View Profile
Ace/Aceca over riders
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2013, 04:15:52 »
Keith - I would appreciate a photo of the bracket and see if mine's the correct style. Email me at  speedway2742@gmail.com    Thanks!

Al

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Ace/Aceca over riders
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2013, 10:42:27 »
   Al

Photos taken and sent via my Blackberry.

The approx  overall length of overrider bracket is 180mm.
   material 4 mm thick by 20 mm wide.

widest point 40mm.

Photos taken with bracket on graph paper to help with dimensions..[;)]

Hopefully details suffice, if not please contact via email.

Cheers

Keith ..[:)]

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Ace/Aceca over riders
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2013, 00:49:31 »
   Alan.

Further to recent exchange of emails, Will get four over-rider brackets made up to correct specification and arrange to get them over to New York..[;)]..

Cheers for Now

nikbj68

• View Profile
Ace/Aceca over riders
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2013, 10:58:09 »
Oh Keith! You know what will happen next....The orders will start flooding in! [:0]

nikbj68

• View Profile
Ace/Aceca over riders
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2013, 18:46:14 »
Here`s what the brackets look like:

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Ace/Aceca over riders
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2013, 00:28:39 »
   Alan

Re: The photograph, rear view of BEX472 (when it still had red Dash).

The over rider brackets fitted to the rear of your Ace Bristol BEX472 were designed to fit the extended rear bodywork of a Aceca  or  to accomodate the twin tubular
   bumper set up....[;)]

Keith

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Ace/Aceca over riders
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2013, 21:03:04 »
   Alan
   Set of 4 Over Rider Brackets, Packed and will be in transit to New York< Tomorrow  Wednesday 1st May.

The Front pair bolt direct to Bodywork (require rubber gasket or suitable gasket) whilst the rear brackets are stepped off bodywork via aluminium spacers. (not supplied).

Cheers

Keith ..[:)]

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Ace/Aceca over riders
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2014, 17:56:25 »

Antoine

Had a jig made and a batch of 24  Over rider brackets made.Reference advert in the December 2013/January 2014 issue of ACtion.[;)]
   The brackets are to secure the Over rider directly to the front bodywork to the Ace and Aceca,Whilst spacer collars are required to correctly align and position the rear bracket/ over riders.
    Please Note these brackets are not designed to occommadate the bumper tubes.

Please refere to pictures on this thread.[;)]

Keith.. ..[:)]

B.P.Bird

• View Profile
Ace/Aceca over riders
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2014, 16:07:42 »
Interesting and useful discussion - here is a complication: These are early photographs of AE22 & 23, you can see that the overriders have no cutouts for the bumper bar. When did A.C. change to the E93A type ? Was it to accommodate the tubular bumper bars option ? Failing an identification of the source (Wilmot Breeden ?)of this early type I will fit the Ford ones discussed here, but it would be better to preserve the early differences if anyone can shed some light on the origins of these overriders. I suppose the cut outs could be welded up and dressed for replating.....

AE22

AE22

AE23

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Ace/Aceca over riders
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2014, 21:38:19 »
   Ed Mazula.

Further to your recent email, I have revitalised this thread to make it easier for you to find. Will confirm dimensions later this weekend.[;)]

The Over rider brackets I had fabricated fit the Ace front and rear and the Aceca front.(minus twin tube bumpers)

I notice from pictures of your Aceca BEX782 on California Mille in 2004 and 2009 is fitted with the extended Aceca over rider brackets to accomodate twin tube bumpers and clear the rear bodywork.

My brackets will fit the front clip and bring your over rides closer to the bodywork assuming you don't run bumper tubes.

Without the twin bumper tubes your existing  over riders stand well clear up front, maybe a little too clear... personal view.[B)]

Cheers for Now

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Ace/Aceca over riders
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2016, 23:36:49 »
   Tim Pearce  and  Phil Jones
   In response to our  phone conversations last weekend.

To answer some of your questions please refer to this thread.
   I have instructed my local blacksmith to dig out our jig and produce a fresh batch of a dozen Over Rider brackets.

Phil, I can bring  a set up to the ACOC National in August if you want.[?]
   Tim I can drop off a set of four to your home next time I travel down to North Devon to visit Barry and Craig, mid /late August, just give me a call or email...[;)]

Keith.. [:)]

tim isles

• View Profile
Ace/Aceca over riders
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2016, 09:37:00 »
Keith, I have a pair of the extended bumper irons which you are welcome to. I think they are standard fit to the rear of an Aceca, and were also used on front and rear of an Ace when the tubular bumpers were fitted? You might wish to get a few pairs made up as there may be a small demand? Tim. PS. I have a spare set of original over riders if you are asked for them. They need re-chroming.