Author Topic: COB 6101 ?  (Read 3748 times)

westcott

• View Profile
COB 6101 ?
« on: December 29, 2011, 15:42:53 »
A late Merry Christmas to You all,
    after receiving the actual Cobra World registry as a Christmas present I started reading immediately. Directly at the beginning of the COB Cobra chapter is witten that the first COB 6101 was copied.

Does anybody know who built this car and when? In the books COB 6101 looks very good and professionally built.
   I'm a bit upsetted because " Original AC Ace & Cobras" was the cobra bible for me the last 20 years and now I learned that Rinsey Mills showed a copy in there?
   I hope i got it wrong and the car in the book is the real one.

Is the COB 6101 clone a very early Brian Angliss "air" car before he started business under the name Autokraft or who did it if not?

Is this a one off story or happened it again to other COB cars?

Westcott
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler!

rstainer

• View Profile
COB 6101 ?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 18:01:02 »
Uwe,

Were you an ACOC member the answer would be but a keystroke away. The Club’s website shows two ‘6101’s; the original car registered MPD 170 D, owned for 41 years by the Corn family & now in the hands of Melvyn Sanders, and the other shown in the Replica Appendix as:

‘Built 1992. Colour brown. Last known owner Stephan Kranz. Location Germany. Thought to have been built by Brian Angliss. LHD. 427 replica....etc’

You’ll find the website Appendix, listing 22 replica coil spring and 26 replica leaf spring cobras with details of their origin, an interesting read. Finally, rest assured that Rinsey’s books are superbly reliable: the cars you see in them are the real thing.

westcott

• View Profile
COB 6101 ?
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 08:00:25 »
I am a member but since August 2011 I have not received the last publications and since September I am  not able to sign in to the members area. Thanks for the answer, so  my bible is correct.
   I read the registry again and it is written that this specific car is a lefthand copy of the original shown in the books, I got it wrong reading it the first time.
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler!