AC Owners Club Forum > Mk IV, Superblower, CRS and other Continuation Cars Forum

AK 1106 rework ...

(1/30) > >>

westcott:
After my introduction i promised the rework of AK 1106 and here we go.
   What i did so far:
   - Interior completely removed
   - Heating completely removed
   - Engine pulled
   - Transmission pulled
   - Windscreen is removed
   - Radiator removed
   - All front end panels removed
   - All exterior parts removed

+ The wheels are away for polishing just the outer rims, they will come back in the next 2 weeks
   + Quotes for interior leather and carpets are available, work will start in CW 51
   + Quote for body work and painting available, work will start in cw 47

Westcott

westcott:
After inspecting the now visible framework at the front end I found the following: The vertical square support tube at the front inner fender is splitted...
Has someone else faced the same problem?
The side walls of the square tube are curved and not longer flat. It looks like the tube is cracked by inside pressure or is it just rusted from inside to outside ???

The tube itself is not bended, just has curved walls.

Uwe

westcott:
First question to all MK IV gurus:
   I found the big control box in the passenger side foot box mounted inside to the top surface and i wonder what functions are implemented?
   Answers found in the www: PartNr. E5ZF-12B567-AA is a engine ECU for carbed Mustangs......The 1985 Mustangs,only the 5.0/5 speed manual versions,were supposed to come with a Two Speed Accessory Drive System,which used a twin accessory drive setup,controlled by a computer and electrical clutch,to let all the driven units,alt. A/C, PS, run at half speed under different conditions,to save HP and extra fuel mileage.
   The idea was withdrawn,before production. However,some cars got thru with all the wiring harness and the computer control box.

What I can see is that the wiper motor connects directly to the box, is anything else controlled by the box???

Second question:
   I removed all emissions devices in the engine bay.
   Will the wiring harness still work and the car operate according to ignition and other non engine bay related functions?

I don't want to change the wiring because of a possible rebuilt to original specs in the future, just create a new engine harness with less connectors.

Uwe

westcott:
Who could post some pics of a heater installed in a straight dash car? Pics with and without carpet/covers would be highly appreciated.  I need to know how the air inlet and bowden cables are covered! Is the heater hardware the same a in the T-Dash cars?

Uwe

SB7019:
Uwe.

I have sent you an e mail regarding the heater covers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version