Author Topic: how do i get a logbook  (Read 2534 times)

briangwood

• View Profile
how do i get a logbook
« on: October 15, 2011, 19:26:39 »
now that the buckland is nearing completion i find that i do not have a log book. DVLA have put the usual block on things. The car is on the register matching chassis, engine no, etc got the origional no plate etc. There must be a number of members that have gone through the proccess a few pointers would help thanks brian

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
how do i get a logbook
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 01:10:56 »
Brian.

Ten fifteen years ago I reimported a few cars from abroad, each having had English registration prior to leaving the UK foe foreign climes.
   On speaking to DVLA arranging inspection at local DVLA centre and completing correct paperwork I was issued with the  original registration number once worn by each vehicle.  the number was allocated to the vehicle /s and were non transferable. I think the form was 675 or 765 ..??

Suggest you phone you local DVLA test Centre.......They are sympathetic and co-operative to/ with owners of Old cars that are authentic and have proven history.  Compile list of all documents and get ACOC Buckland Registrar..  .. Mike Smith to write a letter on ACOC headed paper ..  ..    Good Luck..  [;)]

Things might be tighter now to stop people obtaining and reselling valuable registration numbers..[?]

Keith[/b..[:)]]

mike smith

• View Profile
how do i get a logbook
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 21:30:36 »
Evening Brian

Could you drop me a line or phone me (Address in ACtion) and I will run through the DVLA reqirements with you .We know the car is genuine so there won't be any problems!!

Mike Smith
     Buckland registrar ACOC

PS can you send me some photos of the car for the file? Many thanks

briangwood

• View Profile
how do i get a logbook
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 19:44:51 »
`
   hi Mike   Have have some photos of the car when i bought it but will take some more showing  the state it is in at the moment, will post them and all the relavent details that i have to hand thanks brian