Author Topic: CFX22 for sale!  (Read 5410 times)

Emmanueld

• View Profile
CFX22 for sale!
« on: October 08, 2011, 14:45:49 »
CFX22 is here in California, came from Holland I believe. Nice clean unmolested original left hand drive car, gold colour. Some corrosion in the rocker panels, does not seem too serious. Car is currently for sale, overall a nice original car with original Minilite wheels, a factory option.  Original paint, Car has been sitting in a nice and dry Southern California garage since 1985. Mechanical work has been performed at very reputable shops. Car has never been licensed in California. If anybody is interested please contact me! I believe this is a nice car!

Interior needs a good cleanup but is serviceable:

A cold ait intake has been added:

Original paint is serviceable:

Emmanuel[:)]

lyonheart84

• View Profile
CFX22 for sale!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 19:56:49 »
I thought you wanted a fastback to refurbish as well Emmanuel ? ;) Looks fairly unmolested except for a few minor upgrades such as the tail pipes and the fascinating carburettor air intake. Interesting to see the panels look completely original, and did you see there is more of a curve on the original sills/rockers ? I've never seen an early car with a T-shift except the earliest road test cars.

lyonheart84

• View Profile
CFX22 for sale!
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 19:59:11 »
I'm amazed that huge fan fits under the bonnet !

Emmanueld

• View Profile
CFX22 for sale!
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 19:59:50 »
quote:
Originally posted by lyonheart84

I thought you wanted a fastback to refurbish as well Emmanuel ? ;) Looks fairly unmolested except for a few minor upgrades such as the tail pipes and the fascinating carburettor air intake. Interesting to see the panels look completely original, and did you see there is more of a curve on the original sills/rockers ? I've never seen an early car with a T-shift except the earliest road test cars.

I would buy this car in a minute but I have to finish mine first and my daughter is still in college until next year. So I have to pass for right now! My loss and somebody else's gain.

This is probably the stock Ford fan, no overheating problem with this setup! How do you like the shifter!

Emmanuel[:)]

tim isles

• View Profile
CFX22 for sale!
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2011, 21:05:08 »
Dash is identical to my former CF 19. But I've never seen a set up like the one under this bonnet! Tim

lyonheart84

• View Profile
CFX22 for sale!
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2011, 22:04:42 »
Personally I like the beefier later U-shaped shifter, fan looks a bit too big but I guess it's efficient apart from sapping some power as it's driven off the pulley I assume? Obviously the ducting added for the carburettor is intended to feed cold air from the grill. I think I'd put the car back to twin electric fans as I like the look.

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
CFX22 for sale!
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2011, 14:32:06 »
Yep, that's a Dutch License plate on the dash and the NL sticker does help.

Koen Heuts

• View Profile
CFX22 for sale!
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 20:12:31 »
Hello Emmanuel,

just saw the pictures of your convertible,looks really good!Always the same when you start working on an old car,you know when you start...is it possible to get in touch with the seller of this fantastic orginal coupe?Looks like it has never been restored?
   We've been looking for an LHD a very long time but in Europe it's hard to find.
   Best regards,
   Koen Heuts
   Belgium

Classicus

• View Profile
CFX22 for sale!
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2011, 17:21:29 »
quote:
Looks like it has never been restored?

Hi Koen and welcome.

Sorry to jump in, but it's an interesting point you make above as I've often wondered about the increasing rarity of unrestored cars as well. Did a quick search (link below) but not sure if the new category "Postwar Preservation through 1967" described at Pebble Beach is old hat or not as unfortunately there's no date. Anyone have any more info on this trend ?

Interesting pic of the owner Dick Shappy with Jay Leno on the Home page....

quote:
The movement to conserve and preserve old cars rather than completely restoring them is gaining ground in the world of antique car collecting.

The interest is reflected in a new category — Postwar Preservation through 1967 — being introduced this weekend at the prestigious Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance in Monterey, Calif.

http://www.classiccars.ws/articles/preserveccars/index.html

Emmanueld

• View Profile
CFX22 for sale!
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2011, 20:32:06 »
Hi everybody, I understand that this car is now sold.

Emmanuel