Author Topic: Evelyn Mull  (Read 3298 times)

Cargirl

• Exceptional Car Broker
    • View Profile
Evelyn Mull
« on: May 11, 2015, 22:21:09 »
Denise McCluggage has just passed away. She was an outstanding race car driver in her day and a long time contributor to Autoweek  She raced against another female driver - Evelyn Mull.  According to the book Fast Women, The Legendary Ladies of Racing, by Todd McCarthy, Evelyn Mull drove an AC Bristol at Sebring in 57.  Number 72. Does anyone know the serial number of the car she drove?

bex316

• View Profile
    • BEX316
Evelyn Mull
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 22:28:46 »
I believe this was BEX 154. There are a few period pictures on the internet showing Evelyn and her Ace Bristol. If you like I can send them to you or point where to find them.

Jerry

Cargirl

• Exceptional Car Broker
    • View Profile
Evelyn Mull
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 23:12:31 »
Jerry, that would be great - thanks. Is BEX 154 still around? Kelly

nikbj68

• View Profile
Evelyn Mull
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 23:59:23 »
I posted some photos of Evelyn Mull on the Sebring Thread, such as this one:

Cool lady!

jrlucke

• View Profile
Evelyn Mull
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 02:39:42 »
The Racing Sports Cars site has a number of listings with photos of her races. Several show her on the grid with the Ace of her husband along side.

In most instances, her car is #48 and John's(?) #47.

It does list the car as BEX 154.

http://www.racingsportscars.com/driver/photo/Evelyn-Mull-USA.html

John

Cargirl

• Exceptional Car Broker
    • View Profile
Evelyn Mull
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2015, 03:18:13 »
I did not know the Sebring thread existed.  Wish there were records like that for Arnolt Bristols.  It's almost impossible to find out what AB's participated in these events.

As far as BEX 154 is concerned. This is my summer to concentrate on Ac's and the AB's.  I will see what I can find out on this car.

The Mulls were from Philadelphia.  Initially they were the "horse set" from the Mainline and much to the surprise and dismay of their friends they discovered racing together.  Exciting times for them.  Exciting time in racing overall.