Author Topic: Mark IV Invoices/forms/etc.  (Read 16244 times)

ak1234

• View Profile
Mark IV Invoices/forms/etc.
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2007, 00:55:41 »
Yes 1234 has black wheel centers and Brass spinners which is odd to me..never seen brass ones before.

Thanks again for the info Trevor..

Ron

C9OBY

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2007, 12:40:20 »
quote:
Originally posted by cobramk4

Hello Gents,
   Any info on AK1087?  I have nothing substantial on the car, other than the original purchaser's name.  When I visited the AC factory (Frimley)in June 2002, Cyril Harvey was able to produce a very battered 3-ring binder which did contain a build sheet for my car, but was not allowed to make me a copy.  I did buy a factory oil cooler setup while I was there though. Thank You for anything you find.

AK1087
   August 1985
   Porsche Platin

I visited Frimley in 2005 and Cyril did photocopy the build sheet for my CRS. Perhaps due to the fact that they were in departure mode...?  I would suggest contacting John Owen in Malta who still has all the documents.  You may be able to get a faxed copy if their stance has changed.  Alternatively, contact Steve Grey of Brooklands Motor Company who holds a lot of information on the cars - he may have copies himself.

cobramk4

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2007, 19:55:46 »
Hi Ron,
   Yes they look brass when they oxidize.  If you polish them with a decent metal polish (Like Noxon), they turn very bright again.

REV

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2007, 12:57:35 »
Ron,
   My car AK1023 has black wheels and brass spinners as well. Never quite sure whether the spinners should be polished bright and shiny or not though! So far I've left them unpolished. As the rest of it is "as new" it gives a patina and a little bit of age to the car. What do you do with yours?
   Nick

Jan_AC_MKIV_1227

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2007, 14:06:18 »
same here, blkack wheels and brass spinners

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2007, 15:16:03 »
Trevor

Any chance of delving into the achives and confirming how many MK 1Vs were actually supplied with Hard Top.

Barry Howsley's AK1260 is the only one Ive seen, however on quickly scanning through the AC Register  I note the following MK1Vs also have HardTops (Factory Fitted?)

AK1148,  AK1171, AK1182, AK1192, AK1248, AK1249, AK1261, AK1265 and AK1273.(total TEN )

LeMans style Aluminium HardTops are manufactured By Steve Gray " Brooklands Motor Company" and
   by Aubrey Finsburgh "Classic Autos"  Both these require modified half size boot lids.

Keith

Mark IV

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2007, 16:11:45 »
AK1116 whose invoice is shown above has a factory hardtop fitted. It was the only one I sold and the only one in the US as of 1986.
   Rick

TLegate

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2007, 23:33:39 »
Seems like it's 11, according to the entries in the Chassis Register......

1116 - 1171 - 1182 - 1186 - 1192 - 1248 - 1249 - 1260 - 1261 - 1265 - 1273

There is no reference to any 'modifications' (extras) to 1148, so it might have had a top, just not recorded. I may be wrong, but those are the only cars I found in the list.

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2007, 00:02:25 »
Trevor

Thank you for your prompt reply,  I know of some 6 people with CRS and MK1V all seeking details on availability of suitable hardtops. Not sure if Gerry Hawkridge units fit.

My interest, is simply, having been offered a Hardtop with spare flat screen plus a pair of side curtains at a price I couldn't turn down. It was a case of buy now and store in the garage or workshop.  Little is known of How many Aces have hard tops wether they be AC, Bristol or 2.6 Ford powered,  Maybe some one out there has some info which could be fed through to the respective Registrars,  Then !!  there had to be a catch, Some-one just might pen a feature in ACtion.  Seriously any info would be appreciated by both Tony Bancroft and me.( Will attempt to place pic or two on forum ....... Dont hold your breath, it could take a while... ..

Keith

Chafford

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2007, 08:45:57 »
quote:
Originally posted by AC Ace Bristol

Trevor

Thank you for your prompt reply,  I know of some 6 people with CRS and MK1V all seeking details on availability of suitable hardtops. Not sure if Gerry Hawkridge units fit.

My interest, is simply, having been offered a Hardtop with spare flat screen plus a pair of side curtains at a price I couldn't turn down. It was a case of buy now and store in the garage or workshop.  Little is known of How many Aces have hard tops wether they be AC, Bristol or 2.6 Ford powered,  Maybe some one out there has some info which could be fed through to the respective Registrars,  Then !!  there had to be a catch, Some-one just might pen a feature in ACtion.  Seriously any info would be appreciated by both Tony Bancroft and me.( Will attempt to place pic or two on forum ....... Dont hold your breath, it could take a while... ..

Keith

Try Dave Brookes at DB replicas (posts as 'Dave' on this site.)He does a very nice hard top.

http://www.v8cobra.co.uk/htm/home.htm

TLegate

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2007, 16:51:44 »
Gerry makes spares that fit original-shape cars. He is always having to advise the people who phone to order a top for their Dax, GD, Crendon etc that those cars are a Different Shape (stupid) only to be met with disbelief and ill-mannered comments. (it's difficult to tell a 'Cobra' owner that their pride and joy aint Cobra shaped...)

Mark IV

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2007, 17:41:34 »
Brian Angliss told me that each hardtop had to be hand fitted as the deck shapes on the MK IVs varied. Just as did the early AC cars. My suggestion was to make a fiberglass top with extra material at the bottom so they could be "trimmed to fit"......Brian thought I was daft!

Rick

Chafford

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2007, 18:18:13 »
Did all the MkIVs have 'AK' chassis numbers including those after Brian Angliss bought AC Cars?

SB7019

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2007, 18:28:51 »
If you include the Superblowers as  MkIV's, these were prefixed ACSB7xxx.

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2007, 00:13:31 »
Trevor

Saw Gerry the other week, he has the Origonal AC Ace Hardtop mould for Curved screen with rounded corner rear  perspex window.

He was aware of the flat screen version, however upon closer inspection we conclude that AC would have kept the rear window the same and maybe just modified / adapted  the mould to produce flat and Curved screen version hardTops.

My top is Ex Simon Taylor who confirms it origonated in 61/62 period from AC Factory Thames Ditton,  Fits AC Ace and early Mk11 Cobra.

Buying rear window hopefully next week and fitting same day.............At least things materialise from Gerry's more than can be said from AC Malta. ( Only Cost £30.00 return to Fly to Malta from Luton,  must arrange group trip to the Factory, visit Owen etc and See Just What is left of our favourite Marque.

Keith

Keith