Author Topic: Hood hoops for a Mkiv  (Read 3677 times)

AK1161

• View Profile
Hood hoops for a Mkiv
« on: September 15, 2011, 17:30:18 »
Hi one and all,
   I have a mkiv with all the wet weather gear other than the 2 hoops to support the soft top. The car has no roll bar so the hoops will be slightly shorter than the 'standard'. Can anybody please advise me where these can be bought or does anybody have a spare set for sale.
   Thanks in advance for any help.
   Luke
   Ps Anybody going to Goodwood tomorrow feel free to call me to meet up for a coffee or something stronger if the weather turns.
   07973 255668

westcott

• View Profile
Hood hoops for a Mkiv
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 08:48:16 »
If you need the hood bows give Europasares a call or drive by to check if their bows will fit, if not it's not so much work to adapt them to your car. The bows can be bent and shortenend by hand easily, maybe you need a welder if you need to disassemble and weld in again the studs at the lower end of the bows.

A modification i id to some bows was removing the studs at the lower end of the bow tubes, cutting the hight, cut in some female thread and screw in a new stud with a male thread on the one and cylindrical on the other side. After this mods the bows are adjustable for hight what is needed sometimes to have the hood tensioned properly. But then it is not longer 'original'

Westcott
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler!

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Hood hoops for a Mkiv
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 10:25:51 »
Will

Give  Steve Gray or  Gerry Hawkridge a call.

Steve Gray....  ..  AC Heritage ..   07860 912217 or 01932 828545.

or

Gerry Hawkridge ....Hawk Cars Ltd .. 01892 750341/750282

Either should be able to supply hoop irons,  best to take Cobra to ensure good fit, Each car being hand  built you might need a little gentle persuasion to get best fit [;)]

Keith.  [:)].. [:)].

CRS9505

• View Profile
Hood hoops for a Mkiv
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 23:58:06 »
Just had a complete set of wet weather gear made by Gerry at Hawk cars and a very nice job they have done. He will need the car to take measurements as they are all different (individual?)[:)] Now we can go to the Lemans Classic - although havent told the nearest it involves an overnight boat trip [;)]