Author Topic: what the $%#@ are these?  (Read 5898 times)

gblue

• View Profile
what the $%#@ are these?
« on: December 29, 2006, 23:43:50 »
Aloha.....what is this plactic switch that is hooked up to my clutch pedal...it goes in and out when I step on the clutch....

also found these 2 rubber pieces in the boot.....Mahalo....Gregg

Mark IV

• View Profile
what the $%#@ are these?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 00:03:41 »
The rubber pieces are truck dock bumpers thet have been carved out on the backside and had the mounting holes filled with silicone......they were siliconed to the front bumper overiders when the car was delivered. It was part of Brian's attempt to meet the "spirit of the law" as regarded DOT bumper standards. Most quickly "went missing". That you have yours is rare.

The clutch switch is the starter safety swith, i.e. you can't start the car unless the clutch is depressed (if you talk nice and in posistive tones, the clutch will perk up and no longer be depressed....)

What is the AK number of your car? I just found more invoices and copies of the factory order sheets for some Mark IVs.

Rick

gblue

• View Profile
what the $%#@ are these?
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 00:19:15 »
Aloha and thanks for the info..

my car starts fine witout pushing the clutch...so much for hi-tech......

number is 1203 produced June 1987.

How do I adjust the clutch? tried pulling up like the manual says but doesn't work...I have about 5 inches of freeplay...works fine but I'd like it to grab a little higher....can I just find the cable and do it manually?

Mahalo...gregg

gblue

• View Profile
what the $%#@ are these?
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 00:22:50 »
I found a card taped to the owners manual that saysJames J. Andreano,

Gen. Manager, Kelledy Ford, Scottsdale NY....

tried to call but they are no longer there

gregg

jbottini

• View Profile
what the $%#@ are these?
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 00:56:26 »
Rick, check your email. jim

ak1234

• View Profile
what the $%#@ are these?
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 02:08:47 »
Rick ...any possibilty you have any info on #1234 ???

dkp_cobra

• View Profile
what the $%#@ are these?
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2006, 17:21:52 »
Rick: do you have some information about AK 1029. It was sold in germany in 1984.

Gregg: did you get my e-mail? If you don't want to answer, ok. I only want to know whether you got it.

Regards, Peter

Mark IV

• View Profile
what the $%#@ are these?
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2006, 18:14:41 »
Sorry,
   No info on non USA cars. I am scanning invoices and other documents that I will post soon.
   Rick

ak1234

• View Profile
what the $%#@ are these?
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2006, 06:07:00 »
Rick or anyone ...can I ask who or where I might get this info ???  Invoices, original dealer ship, I know the original owner but no address ???  Just for my own info and history of my car..

Thanx,
   Ron

marklotus

• View Profile
what the $%#@ are these?
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2006, 18:33:44 »
Rick,
   Any info on AK1121?  It was sold by Muck Motors and you personally delivered it to West Cheater, PA  Thanks, Mark

Mark IV

• View Profile
what the $%#@ are these?
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2006, 22:24:06 »
West "Cheater"?
   That's the "Laverty Rentals" car. I have paperwork on it. I am scanning and orginizing this info and will have it on line soon.

Damn, I forgot that that many cars went through us. And yes, most I personally delivered. I had an enclosed 18' trailer (a friend still uses it for his Spec Miata racer) and I traveled all over the Northeast dropping off cars to new owners. Except for cars that went to California and were shipped direct, I test drove and delivered every Mark IV I sold.
   Rick

jbottini

• View Profile
what the $%#@ are these?
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2006, 22:28:05 »
Rick, Someone had to do it I assume!? Jim

ak1234

• View Profile
what the $%#@ are these?
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2006, 23:11:31 »
Rick .. not meaning to sound sarcastic ... you delivered and test drove every MKIV in the northeast ... with no documentation ?????   HMMM ??????????????????????????  OK LOL

Ron

Mark IV

• View Profile
what the $%#@ are these?
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2007, 01:49:07 »
No,
    Not EVERY MK IV in the Northeast, Just those I sold. Clinton Ford and Woltz and Wind sold some also. Woltz and Wind in Hieldleburg were a "sub dealer" of ours.

And I HAVE documentation for the cars I sold Ron,..what do you have? LOL!!!

Rick

ak1234

• View Profile
what the $%#@ are these?
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2007, 16:26:49 »
LOL ... I have two Euro Pantera's that some one went to the factory in Torino Italy and got me the original Invoice and exports docs and mailed them to me .... OH you mean on my MKIV ??? nothing but an owners manual .. and the persons name written on it .. its coming to me that why I sold my 69 SHELBY .. everything is like gold in that association ... hope its not like that here ????  Actually all I asked for is who may have the docs so I could pursue it myself.  Ask a couple times when this it was mentioned ... dont understand where or who has them.

Thanks Ron