Author Topic: 5.0 replacement oil pan  (Read 2677 times)

ak1081

• View Profile
5.0 replacement oil pan
« on: August 16, 2011, 08:57:19 »
Greetings, I am the 3rd owner of AK 1081 which I have had for over 15 years. It has the 5.0, Holly with EGR, smog pump and catalytic converters(2), duel exhaust is tucked under the floor boards and dumps out in front of the rear wheels when in street form. It only has 17,000 thousand miles but they are hard miles with lots of track time. Oil pressure is not what it used to be and the the pan has been damaged. Is there a large capacity front or rear sump pan that will fit the car? I plan to make some internal engine mods, but must stay California emission compliant.
   Thank you,

Mark IV

• View Profile
5.0 replacement oil pan
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 13:34:36 »
You are stuck with a double sump pan as the crossmember runs under the "hump". There are some larger capacity and baffled pans available for Mustangs with the 80's 5.0 that will work. Pick up a copy of one of the 5.0 Mustang magazines and make some calls.

I suggest you change the pickup also and confirm the pan to pickup dimension before buttoning up the changeover.

westcott

• View Profile
5.0 replacement oil pan
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 20:47:19 »
If you still have doubts even with a new pan switch to drysump system, there should be plenty of room in your engine bay.

Okay it will be more expensiv but offers much more safety with track use.
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler!