Author Topic: CF62 for sale on Ebay  (Read 22656 times)

Classicus

• View Profile
CF62 for sale on Ebay
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2011, 18:44:38 »
Hi Emmanuel, I haven't got Photoshop only Paintshop unfortunately so I've always had in the past to copy and paste pics straight into Word to edit things, contrast and lighten etc. so it's not all that good. However I can email you the original highres copy (300dpi) if you've got Photoshop which presumably is much better ?

Paul

Emmanueld

• View Profile
CF62 for sale on Ebay
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2011, 18:54:29 »
quote:
Originally posted by Classicus

Hi Emmanuel, I haven't got Photoshop only Paintshop unfortunately so I've always had in the past to copy and paste pics straight into Word to edit things, contrast and lighten etc. so it's not all that good. However I can email you the original highres copy (300dpi) if you've got Photoshop which presumably is much better ?

Paul

Thanks Paul, please do so, i'll see if I can do better with Photoshop!

Emmanuel[:)]

Classicus

• View Profile
CF62 for sale on Ebay
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2011, 19:27:14 »
Is it my imagination or distortion or is the left front wheel much further back than the right one in this pic ?

shep

• View Profile
CF62 for sale on Ebay
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2011, 00:56:23 »
Hi Paul, Any idea where and when the crash photos were taken as it looks awfully like an English factory building! Does anyone know who repaired the body and was it here or over in the States? Andy.

lyonheart84

• View Profile
CF62 for sale on Ebay
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2011, 01:11:34 »
A very bad accident, I hope the driver at the time survived, at least the screen appears unbroken so maybe the cockpit was not too bad. If you look carefully at pictures of the car now in white much of the panel alignment looks poor so I think she would need a good body rebuild and chassis jig to be sure of returning her to prime condition. Luckily anything can be done these days with a large enough wallet. I just hope somebody innocent and uninformed doesn't buy the car and find out later. Looks like she hit front and spun sideways into something? Still if it was panel beaten out then it wasn't that bad a repair job considering the starting point !

Classicus

• View Profile
CF62 for sale on Ebay
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2011, 04:26:04 »
quote:
Originally posted by shep
   Hi Paul, Any idea where and when the crash photos were taken as it looks awfully like an English factory building! Does anyone know who repaired the body and was it here or over in the States? Andy.

Hi Andy
   I answered a very brief ad. for this car back in about 1978 or 1979 and drove up from London to Chesterfield to see it as the guy said over the phone it was repairable, also it sounded cheap at £2000. I can't remember what labour charges were in those days, but I think the going price for a good second hand one was about £8000 for a convertible and about £5000 for a fastback but even then and I've never been an expert I would have guessed it was only good for spare parts ?? And the only reason I took a camera along was it was a great opportunity to see and record my second 428 in the flesh, however I never heard of or saw the car again so no idea where or who repaired it unfortunately.

Classicus

• View Profile
CF62 for sale on Ebay
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2011, 04:35:20 »
All the remaining pics which I can rescan again individually and in high resolution if necessary. The worrying thing about the big dent in the rear nearside of the car is that I think the fuel tank lies right behind it ?

Classicus

• View Profile
CF62 for sale on Ebay
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2011, 05:15:02 »
All the remaining info available on CF 62 copied across from Register.

http://acfrua428.activeboard.com/t16002538/cf-62/

(The wall behind the car here seems similar to the ones at the Thames Ditton factory ?)

http://www.collectorcarads.com/AC-428-Frua/4117

1971 AC 428 Frua

Chassis # CF62, matching number engine, original documented miles,sunroof,Right Drive,AC,Auto C3 gearbox,PS, PB,PW. One of 51 Coupes in the total production of 70 cars built on the lengthened Cobra III 427/428 coil sprung chassis. Last restored 13 years ago and a little worn around the edges on the exterior cosmetics but otherwise nice. Asking price reflects this. Tax paid UK and USA. Fair trades and part exchanges considered. Call or email Neil Wood. SOLD

$ 37,500

San Diego, California

Mileage: 39,700
   Engine: Ford 428 KR Cobra Jet
   Body Type: Coupe
   Interior: Black
   Exterior: White

lyonheart84

• View Profile
CF62 for sale on Ebay
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2011, 00:29:59 »
Great pictures Paul, looks like the only virtually untouched panels were the driver's door and possibly the bootlid which looks to have popped open on impact. Back in 1978 probably the factory had new fuel tanks and lots of other parts still available for repairs. Notice in your original photos she had a ( very rare on Frua's ) Webasto slide back sunroof just as on the later pictures after she was painted White. Whether repaired badly or not, good that she is still on the road !

Emmanueld

• View Profile
CF62 for sale on Ebay
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2011, 01:47:21 »
Hi, I tried to lighten the picture as much as possible. Can't tell for sure, but it looks like the chassis is bent! The left main chassis tube is angled downward and outward.

Don't forget, there is a reason why the car is white, you can't see flaws as well!

E[|)]

J Jones

• View Profile
CF62 for sale on Ebay
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2011, 02:17:01 »
Does anyone know what the car sold for? It was up for sale in Auburn, Indiana at the "Worldwide Auctions" on September 3rd.

Emmanueld

• View Profile
CF62 for sale on Ebay
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2011, 02:39:18 »
As far as I know it Did not sell:

http://www.wwgauctions.com/auctions/details.cfm?vehicleID=79&id=37

As you can see, they have the same BS story  about the car.

It's not in auction results!

Emmanuel[:)]

J Jones

• View Profile
CF62 for sale on Ebay
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2011, 04:37:36 »
If this car has not sold as yet, I hope it will eventually find a good home with someone who will fix it properly. And, I hope, will be purchased at a price commensurate with it's condition.

It's foolish to attempt to sell such a rare car without being forthcoming about it's history. Maybe this car was fixed properly after being wrecked. Saying nothing about it, and providing no documentation, only creates doubt and mistrust.

The next owner would do well to fully document repairs and restoration. Doing it correctly should pay off in the end and make owning the car a real pleasure. And, hopefully, prove to be a good investment.

A-Snake

• View Profile
CF62 for sale on Ebay
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2011, 19:37:14 »
CF 62 is now at a dealer in St. Louis, MO

http://www.hymanltd.com/search/details.asp?stockno=4547&suffix=3&recordcount=0#

lyonheart84

• View Profile
CF62 for sale on Ebay
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2011, 21:50:05 »
Price has jumped $ 45000 since it's August listing on E-Bay ! Still at least somebody has spent some money on buying and fitting front bumpers and they make a big difference to the overall appearance. Panel fit may have been adjusted slightly but I doubt if anything else underneath has been much improved for the price hike.