Author Topic: CF62 for sale on Ebay  (Read 22670 times)

Classicus

• View Profile
CF62 for sale on Ebay
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2011, 19:52:32 »
I think it's long past time someone asked for a full inspection of the car if only to satisfy our curiosity that the chassis was so strong it didn't suffer any damage ! [:)]

Emmanueld

• View Profile
CF62 for sale on Ebay
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2011, 17:40:46 »
Once I am done with mine, I could envision tackling this project, providing I could acquire the car at a reasonnable price. It's all a matter of economics. So if the car is still available in about a year,  I will  consider it! I kind of enjoy this type of project. Now I know what I would do differently as well. We will see! And of course, it would be all documented. I think the main mistake I made in my current restoration was to respray the car in primer before removing all the lead. It added a substantial amount of time to the project by hiding spots which needed attention. We approached it as we would do with an aluminium bodied car, but that made it more difficult to spot the previous shoddy repairs.

Emmanuel[:)]

Classicus

• View Profile
CF62 for sale on Ebay
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2011, 23:00:47 »
I was actually thinking Mike McCluskey might be tempted into buying it.... [;)]

Emmanueld

• View Profile
CF62 for sale on Ebay
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2011, 03:52:38 »
Paul, I don't think Mike would be interested! He is more of an early Cobra and airplane guy. Although, with my car being restored there and Jeffrey's having been there as well, lots of Cobra guys have expressed interest in the Frua. I think the biggest hurdle has been for the fact they are so rare and suffer from well known corrosion issues. It's less of a problem now as prices are rising and cars are being restored. After all, Ferraries and other Italian exotics have the same issues. When my car is finished with it's million bucks paint job, I think these guys will say "oh my god what a gorgeous automobile" Jeffrey and I plan to show them at various events here in California like Concorso Italiano and the Rodeo Drive show for example. As well as various other events.

As I have said before, the more these cars get shown, the more they will be appreciated for what they are, "A Cobra with a bathtub  on top" but what a  pretty bathtub. With the exception of CFX37 which sits hidden in a private collection,  most of the Fruas I have seen look rather scruffy and that does not do justice to these cars at all. So guys, restore them, show them and please drive them.

Classicus

• View Profile
CF62 for sale on Ebay
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2011, 04:44:32 »
quote:
Originally posted by Emmanueld

I don't think Mike would be interested! He is more of an early Cobra and airplane guy. Although, with my car being restored there and Jeffrey's having been there as well, lots of Cobra guys have expressed interest in the Frua.

Business is business Emmanuel [:)]

lyonheart84

• View Profile
CF62 for sale on Ebay
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2011, 10:23:00 »
Emmanuel I think you want to be bidding about $ 40,000 ( £ 30,000 ) for that white car? Sounds harsh but otherwise I think the cost of proper restoration will take the finished car to well over it's current market value.

concrete8

• View Profile
CF62 for sale on Ebay
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2011, 02:36:32 »
Hi with the interest in CF62,  l have been told the crash photos are a mock up and have been used before (photoshopped) with other no plates attached, is this true does anyone know of this.
   CF 62 was blue the car in the pictures is silver?

What is the real story????????????

Classicus

• View Profile
CF62 for sale on Ebay
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2011, 10:13:22 »
This is the first I have heard of this. I have all of the original photos in front of me now and will rescan some of them later this morning, but reverse the images in Paintshop to prove they are original if you wish. Finally I have no idea of the original colour of the car which might have been blue when new or resprayed afterwards.

This is all the information I have.

Classicus

• View Profile
CF62 for sale on Ebay
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2011, 10:48:51 »

Classicus

• View Profile
CF62 for sale on Ebay
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2011, 13:34:26 »

Classicus

• View Profile
CF62 for sale on Ebay
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2011, 13:36:18 »

Classicus

• View Profile
CF62 for sale on Ebay
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2011, 13:37:57 »

Classicus

• View Profile
CF62 for sale on Ebay
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2011, 13:39:12 »

Classicus

• View Profile
CF62 for sale on Ebay
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2011, 13:41:17 »

Emmanueld

• View Profile
CF62 for sale on Ebay
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2011, 17:51:41 »
quote:
Originally posted by concrete8

Hi with the interest in CF62,  l have been told the crash photos are a mock up and have been used before (photoshopped) with other no plates attached, is this true does anyone know of this.
   CF 62 was blue the car in the pictures is silver?

What is the real story????????????

I hope you are not listening to the dealer, they told me the car was perfect, they have made up the story about it's long time owner being sick and needing to sell it to pay medical bills. When I first heard of the car a few years back, it was being advertised  by a dealer in San Diego. When I spoke to that dealer,  he told me the car was ruff but restorable, he was looking for around $30K, i think it was advertised for $35K. Anyway, the current dealer in Florida has advertised it in different places on the net with a different story each time. The blue color is new and now its a one owner car! Stay away, I agree, $30 to $40k and closer to $30k is the most i would pay for what is very likely a part car. Looking at the front end crash photo, there is no way the chassis is straight, it's smashed all the way to the suspension towers. Kirkham to the rescue for these bits!
   Paul, since you have photoshop, could you lighten up the front end collision close up  photo above to see more details about what is smashed underneath? Thanks