Author Topic: New Correct Ace,Aceca,Greyhound & Cobra Fuel Caps  (Read 106627 times)

nikbj68

• View Profile
New Correct Ace,Aceca,Greyhound & Cobra Fuel Caps
« Reply #210 on: August 12, 2013, 00:35:20 »
TADAAH! THE 1ST OF THE BATCH FITTED!

For comparison, here is the new cap compared to a 'square release' type cap:

As mentioned above, this is Mike`s fitting tool, and his description of it below:

quote:
From Mike Mansergh, via email:"Hi Keith, Fitted cap this morning, not as easy as expected.   Looks great!
   On a high I looked for the removal tool I made some years ago when
   attempting to dismantle the one on 1073. Eventually it came to light at the bottom of my junk metal box and photos are attached. This tool made removal a one man job and removed the risk of "skewing" and damage to the paintwork. Although a piece is missing...a wooden tube to go between the tube and the cap to maintain concentricity this can easily be made up if you want to use it.
     Thanks again for a job well done.
     Best regards, Mike."

rsk289

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 15, 2013, 11:47:58 »
Keith, I have my new caps now and am seriously impressed with these.  I am very, very grateful to you (and the guys at Ceandess) for all the trials and tribulations you have undergone to get this superb end result.  They can only be faulted in being better than new!

Roger

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 15, 2013, 12:45:38 »
   A random selection of recently received emails....[;)]...[;)]
   Keith

WOW, it's bloody marvellous. many many thanks !!!

Tony Michaels

.Keith,

What a saga !!
   Finally, it has arrived....  appears to be well made, and very pleasing it looks too !
   The Aceca is away at the moment  - ( head gasket  being replaced ) - so  am not  able to  fit it yet.

Very many thanks for all your efforts in regard to this project ,
   Hope we meet up soon,

All the Best,
   Des & Shelagh Chapman

Hi Keith.

Just a brief line to thank you for the Ace fuel cap which arrived this morning - it really does look very good.  You must be relieved that the project has come to a successful conclusion after all the problems along the way - what tenacity!

I hope you are well .

All the best

John Deveson.

Thank you for the feed back

Keith & Gerry..[:)]..[8D].

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 15, 2013, 12:59:49 »
   A very interesting point raised by Phil

Hi Keith

Two filler caps arrived in the post yesterday and they look excellent. Many thanks for all your great efforts.

I spoke to Gerry Hawkridge this morning as I find I have a bit of a problem with the Ace. It hadn’t occurred to me before, but at some point in its past someone has replaced the original filler cap with something similar in style but which has a fixed pipe for the filler hose to connect to rather than the threaded pipe that the new caps require. Gerry said he has had a number of similar conversations, that there will be one or two ways of achieving the desired result and suggested I email you. He asked me to check what outside diameter filler pipe goes into the petrol tank. I’m sure it’s still the original tank and has an input pipe with an o/d of 2.375” (virtually 60 mm). The hose connecting to it is 60 mm internal diameter.

I’m not sure why Gerry suggested I should email you, so please feel free to redirect me straight back to Gerry if you don’t feel you should get involved.

Best wishes

Phil.

Reply:-

Phil.

CEANDESS do various base with alternative size tube or screw thread...[;)]

I have spoken to Matt Davies (MD) of Ceandess, who confirms that they have a selection of standard Base with different size screw thread and / or diameter tube.
   The base could be exchanged for a more suitable base, please phone to discuss, return to Ceandess and a more suitable fitting could be fitted, PLEASE NOTE, this will involve a small handling charge (plus postage) as it is disrupptive to manufacturing line.

One or two AC owners or Hawk Ace/ Cobra owners may require this service' so I will liaise with Gerry and possibly arrange to have a couple of alternative size made available, Unfortunately it is impossible to cover all eventualities as over the past 50 plus years various caps and adaptors could well have been employed.[?].
   Makes sense to contact Matt Davies or Chris Smallman at Ceandess for prompt turn round with minimum inconvenience to all concerned.[;)]

Thankfully, vast majority of Caps supplied are direct replacement for ACs with the correct fuel filler cap as originally fitted when their AC left Thames Ditton..[;)]

Keith..[:)]

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 15, 2013, 13:12:54 »
   Hi Keith

Two fuel filler caps received today in the mail,  one for BEX316 and one for BEX376..
   They are looking very smart.
   Thanks a lot for the perserverance to see this long term project through until a successful end!

Best Regards

Jerry Van Kalleveen.

Migge

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 15, 2013, 13:38:37 »
Received my 2 excelent caps. Where can I get the threaded extension tubes?

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 17, 2013, 02:41:08 »
   Good afternoon Keith

Firstly, we are very pleased with all of the positive feedback that’s being posted on the AC forum. It sounds like they were worth waiting for!

Secondly, Matt’s informed me about the filler base issue that some owner are experiencing. We are quite happy to do a swap to the alternative base for a small handling fee. We were thinking in the region of £5.00 per cap assembly. This can be reduced if we receive a batch that require altering, 10+?

A company in the USA is showing a lot of interest in purchasing a batch from us. We’ve dealt with them in the past. Having a look on their website, they have had replacement triggers CNC manufactured to replace originals due to problems with stripping and re-chroming. Apparently the originals dissolve! LINK TO WEBSITE.
   I just wanted you and your customers to be aware that these CNC Triggers are unlikely to fit the new Ceandess cap. I think it’s very important to know that if one of our triggers get damaged or broken then it will need to be replaced with one of our Die Cast items. Having said that, the triggers do seem to be very strong and there is very little chance of a fracture forming during normal usage.
   Maybe you could make everyone aware of this via the forum for future reference.

Best Regards

Chris Smallman
   Quality Engineer
.[:)]

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 21, 2013, 01:33:36 »
   Keith.

Greetings from across the pond!  The new fuel cap arrived yesterday and meets all expectations..  ..  [:p]... Thank you so much for your perserverance on what turned
   into a marathon project.
   Now all I have to do is finish 308 to put under it...!!

Pete Rohrbacher
   BEX308

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 21, 2013, 12:59:07 »
   A quick note to confirm Gerry has been very busy ACting like Father Christmas and despatching Fuel Filler

Caps ACross the Globe.
   Keith

I received my Gas Caps yesterday. Thank you so much for all your hard work.  They look fantastic

Sincerely,

Gus Meyjes.

[:)].....[:)].....[:)].....[:)].....[:)].....[:)].....[:)].....[:)].....[:)].....[:)].

Very Good Positive response to date, Just might take on new Venture / project

Keith..[;)]

rsk289

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 21, 2013, 21:01:00 »
Ah!  Excellent news!
   Time to suggest the four-eared wingnut for the spare wheel again...
   ...bit easier, surely?

dkp_cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 22, 2013, 15:16:15 »
Last week I got my fuel filler cap (right), one day after I got my cap from re-chroming.

Both look great:

but the old cap was so strong corroded that the galvaniser gave no garantee.

So I am happy to have such a nice replacement.

Thank you Keith, a great job.

jolsen42

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 22, 2013, 22:11:35 »
I received mine yesterday and while I thought we were receiving the complete assembly (Cap & Fill tube) I just removed the old and replaced with the new. The pins were a little stubborn, but with patience it can be done. Keith, I can't thank you enough. Just an outstanding job in organizing and follow thru. It really is a jewel. I'll post a pic after I install it. Once again just a great job.
   Regards,

John O

nabford

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 27, 2013, 02:45:53 »
I received my cap yesterday in Sunny Australia looks really good.[:)]
   A Big thanks to Keith and Gerry.

dkp_cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 29, 2013, 13:03:56 »
quote:
Originally posted by Norman

I have a non-standard cap, but its filler hose is the same size as standard (60m internal diameter) and I had a lot of fun and games earlier this year trying to source a suitable hose. Standard sizes now are 57mm or 63mm, and because the material is reinforced, it cannot be compressed or stretched to make it fit. You have to get the right size.

Mk2 Cortinas used the same size, but only a short length; I contacted the guy who makes the hoses and he made up new tooling (at my expense!) to produce longer sections, up to 14 inches. I understand from David Sanderson that no Ace/Aceca/Cobra variant needs longer than that. He sells you a full 14 inch length and you cut it to suit your car.

So if you want a new hose to go with your new cap, talk to Alan at:
   BEECHGROVE ENGINEERING LTD
   7A, PLANTATION ROAD
   LEIGHTON BUZZARD
   BEDFORDSHIRE LU7 3HJ
   Phone: 01525 382953

Usual disclaimer.

If money doesn't matter, Samco has fuel lines with 60mm I.D. Look here:

EBBIEMERRITT

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 02, 2013, 14:06:25 »
KEITH,

I have sent delivery address and my e-mail verification to your personal e-mail address.

Just want to confirm with you that all is on track for delivery of our group order of 19 Gas Caps.

Please let me know if there is any additional postage required for insurance, delivery confirmation, etc. on this bulk order.

Once again, thank you for the superhuman effort in accomplishing this mission.

EARA
               CSX2535