Author Topic: New Correct Ace,Aceca,Greyhound & Cobra Fuel Caps  (Read 106114 times)

rsk289

• View Profile
New Correct Ace,Aceca,Greyhound & Cobra Fuel Caps
« Reply #195 on: May 17, 2013, 14:15:57 »
Thank YOU for spending so much of your time in allowing us to get right one of those all-important details!

Roger

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 01, 2013, 11:23:09 »
   Saturday 1st June 2013

Had a meeting at  CEANDESS to inspect a batch of 12 Fuel Filler Caps.

Now, Sit Down..............

SUCCESS !...  HAVE APPROVED !! ... [^]...[^]...[^] and given instruction to  PROCEED..      Yes !!      PROCEED with Manufacture of our long awaited Order..[:)]

Told them not to rush them through but inspect each and every one before packing, as each and every one of you will Inspect closely having
   waited for nearly TWO YEARS.....[;)]

Once consignment collected ( rest assured I will carry out random Inspection),  I will then deliver to Jerry for immediate despatch..[;)]

For those who didn't order but wish to purchase, lets receive and despatch initial orders, then we can process  additional orders and use surplus stock.

I sincerely Thank You all for standing by me and for your support and loyalty over the past 22 months...[;)]

Keith
..[:)]..[:)]

jolsen42

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 04, 2013, 18:28:48 »
Keith, thanks sooo much for all your hard work. If you're not the best, there is no best! Once again, thank you. Great job.

John O

Migge

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 18, 2013, 09:35:15 »
Any news Keith?

jolsen42

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 29, 2013, 16:38:54 »
Beuhler?.....Beuhler? [:)]

John O

ACOCArch

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 30, 2013, 00:06:07 »
Originally posted by Norman

I have a non-standard cap, but its filler hose is the same size as standard (60m internal diameter) and I had a lot of fun and games earlier this year trying to source a suitable hose. Standard sizes now are 57mm or 63mm, and because the material is reinforced, it cannot be compressed or stretched to make it fit. You have to get the right size.

I believe the correct size to be 2 3/8inch I/D, which is 60.3mm in new money. The AC 3000ME uses the same size - with two lengths each of about 10 inch.

It proved to be a difficult size to source. I obtained mine from Spencer Lane Jones in Warminster, who was restoring an Aceca at the time.

It is important to ensure the material is compatible with modern fuels.

Keith - any chance you could source some new hose of this I/D so that everyone can connect their new filler caps to their fuel tanks?

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 31, 2013, 00:52:00 »
   Tuesday 30th July 2013

Fuel Caps Being Assembled.... [^]..[:p]..[:)]..

Called in to Ceandess last Thursday (25th July)  for update on our caps......Fuel Caps Fettled and Chromed, being polished, assembled and individually packed
   ready for despatch..[;)]

Provisionally arranged with Chris Smallman to collect the complete consignment towards end of 1st week of August.

Met up with Gerry Hawkridge at Silverstone Classic on Saturday 27th July and Sunday 28th July to confirm situation and confirmed that I would  deliver finished
   units to his workshop ready for Hawk Cars to despatch  Worldwide ASAP.

I will confirm  that consignment collected and delivered to Gerry during the 2nd week of August.2013.....[:)]

Will be nice to see the back of this Project,[:)] Both Gerry and I will be somewhat hesitant to take on another project / endurance test, without Firm committment
   from the manufacturer.

We would like to thank you all for being so patient and understanding throughout the past 24 Months..[;)]

Keith..[:)]...[:)]

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 08, 2013, 20:14:06 »
   .Thursday 8th August 2013.

Now Sit Down !!
   PHEW.....We are now in possession of our long awaited Fuel Filler Caps....[;)]....[:)]

I intend to deliver full consignment to Gerry Hawkridge tomorrow (Friday 9th August) so they can be despatched during the next week or so, Please be patient as one man and his dog cannot stamp and address 175 packages for 12 different Countries plus answer the phones and run a business in a day.
   ( The Impossible Gerry often achieves, but he has yet to learn to do miracles
)..[;)]

All those who paid 2 years ago should receive their Fuel Filler Caps during August, those who have yet to pay or wish to order please deal direct with Gerry Hawkridge towards the end of August.[;)]

Thank you all for being so patient and understanding throughout the past 24 months.[:)]

Keith  & Gerry..[:)]..[8D]

Aceca289

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 09, 2013, 07:35:21 »
Thanks Keith & Gerry for staying on top of this endeavor though all the ups & downs! Your time and effort to deliver a quality product is appreciated. I look forward to receiving my cap...whenever it arrives.[:)]

John
   AEX521

Norman

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 09, 2013, 22:38:41 »
Now that the new caps are finally available, I remind members about my posts on this thread of September last year, about new fuel filler hoses. These are now available.

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 10, 2013, 11:40:34 »
HERE THEY ARE!!!!
Now with Gerry Hawkridge at Hawk Cars, the filler caps available in 3 variants: Threaded neck, straight tube & cap on it`s own:

Bravo to Keith, what an immense project this turned into!
   Also well done to all at Ceandess for battling on to get these right, and don`t they look the business!

Chris at Ceandess provided some archive 1950`s material, the first a magazine advert (showing a different design of latch button):

...and this one from what appears to be a catalogue, with a few dimensions in imperial and notated in metric:

Those dimensions read:
  • Presto 3"(76.2mm) Cap
  • Height clearance to tank, 11/4"(31.7mm)
  • Screwed extension 21/4"(57.2mm) dia x 12 t.p.i
  • Length of screwed extension 1/2"(You`ll have to convert that one yourselves!!!)
  • Orifice diameter 115/16"(49.2mm)

Migge

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 11, 2013, 10:59:04 »
So that means that we have to decide which one we want? Or was the old order just for cap?

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 11, 2013, 11:48:48 »
quote:
Originally posted by Migge

So that means that we have to decide which one we want? Or was the old order just for cap?

quote:
Originally posted by AC Ace Bristol
   Saturday 15th October 2011.
   Each Complete Unit comprises of a fully assembled zinc cast chrome plated lozenge shaped Hinged Fuel Filler Cap with the correct  spring loaded keyhole shaped manual release, cap fitted with a replaceable Anti-splash back seal and fuel filler neck with tube.

5th November 2011
   Gerry has sourced a 69mm by 9mm Grommit which could be used as a Body Seal under the cap base / filler tube.(not 100% correct)

Saturday 15th October 2011.
   It has been brought to my attention that owners of 260 and early 289 Cobras may wish to fit just the cap and not the complete assembly, the roller pin can be removed and the new cap used as direct replacement.. The complete unit will be supplied so one has the choice of how they wish to fit replacement unit.

Sorry the price had increased from initial Guestimate. But this is due to time taken to get multiple patterns correct plus assembling additional components to make a complete unit ready to fit to your AC...  Ace, Aceca, Greyhound and Cobra

Migge

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 11, 2013, 11:52:15 »
Thanks Nick

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 11, 2013, 21:08:23 »
Hi.

Only a few people ordered just the Cap,  Nearly everyone with AC will receive a Fuel Filler Cap with correct screw threaded base as initially supplied/ fitted to their AC when it Left Thames Diton.

Gerry Hawkridge is supplying the Hawk Ace and Cobra market with the Cap fitted with straight tube, same price, not 100% correct but easier to fit.

Mike Mansergh took delivery this weekend of his new Filler Cap and has already  removed old unit and fitted the new unit.
   He made up a simple tool to make it a one man job without causing damage to Paintwork.

I have sent Mikes pictures to Nik Bagshaw requesting he post details on the forum, Yet another drink I O  Nik...[;)]

Had a few emails and phone calls from members who have received their long awaited Filler Caps, all have been impressed and pleased with end result. [:)]..[:)]

Cheers for Now

Keith..[:)]..[:)]