Author Topic: AC Mk V for Sale  (Read 22784 times)

Chafford

• View Profile
AC Mk V for Sale
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2011, 19:53:47 »
Here's the little beauty at Geneva earlier this year:

At least the shape looks better than it did when the car was intoduced.

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
AC Mk V for Sale
« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2011, 23:45:28 »
looks a bit different than the one they advert on their homepage (October 2011); differences appear in body shape, number of wipers, roll bar, wheels, colouring; specs as advertised on their homepage seem inline with the Geneva car (centre lock wheels, internal boot hinges),  specs refer to "push-rod front suspension" .....

however pics on the AC homepage show the "first" car;

http://www.ac-automotive.com/

http://www.ac-automotive.com/en/specifications.html

Geneva car (or is it rather a rolling chassis/body?) pictured here is very close to the non-rolling chassis they showed at Le Mans Classic in July 2010, with white stripes added (of which I have a few photos - but need to restudy the way to post pics here). However no push-rod front suspension layout on the "Le Mans Classic" non-rolling chassis.

It still is a bit of mistery ??

Chafford

• View Profile
AC Mk V for Sale
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2011, 21:42:37 »
AC were exhibiting the Mk VI at the recent Lyon Motorshow - 'Come and discover the real AC' [:)][;)]

http://www.ac-automotive.com/en/component/content/article/1-actualites/18-salon-automobile-international-de-lyon.html

ACOCArch

• View Profile
AC Mk V for Sale
« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2011, 00:21:10 »
quote:
Originally posted by AC Ace Bristol

Bruce, Chafford and All

The referal to Thames Ditton was regards to the frmation of the ACOC back in 1949.

I accept all ACs from Thames Ditton plus MK1Vs, CRS, Lightwieghts etc were made by AC in SURREY . Be it during  Ownership of Hurlock Family, Brian Anglis or Alan lubinski..

I simple cannot see how a Car produced in some other Country that has no components made / produced by AC can be a AC  other than being made under licence, thereby  buying credability/ cudos by riding on the back of ACs History.

The AC name is so far removed from these latest creations parading around Europe & USA that they simply cannot be ACs....[:(]

Keith

About 35 AC 3000MEs were manufactured in Scotland in the 1980s, under a licensing agreement. This agreement covered the design of the car and use of the AC Trademark, the ownership of both having been retained by AC Cars Ltd and the Hurlock family in England.

May I ask what you suggest the Club's line should be towards those cars and their owners?

dkp_cobra

• View Profile
AC Mk V for Sale
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2011, 09:27:41 »
quote:
Originally posted by ACOCArch

quote:
Originally posted by AC Ace Bristol

Bruce, Chafford and All

The referal to Thames Ditton was regards to the frmation of the ACOC back in 1949.

I accept all ACs from Thames Ditton plus MK1Vs, CRS, Lightwieghts etc were made by AC in SURREY . Be it during  Ownership of Hurlock Family, Brian Anglis or Alan lubinski..

I simple cannot see how a Car produced in some other Country that has no components made / produced by AC can be a AC  other than being made under licence, thereby  buying credability/ cudos by riding on the back of ACs History.

The AC name is so far removed from these latest creations parading around Europe & USA that they simply cannot be ACs....[:(]

Keith

About 35 AC 3000MEs were manufactured in Scotland in the 1980s, under a licensing agreement. This agreement covered the design of the car and use of the AC Trademark, the ownership of both having been retained by AC Cars Ltd and the Hurlock family in England.

May I ask what you suggest the Club's line should be towards those cars and their owners?

Of course they should be invited to AC meetings but please park on the other side of the street (together with the MK IV's) [:o)]

Chafford

• View Profile
AC Mk V for Sale
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2011, 21:40:38 »
Given the price of the Mk VI and the controversy over its design, I'm surprised that no dealer has been appointed in the UK to sell Shelby's current Cobras:

http://www.shelbyautos.com/vehicles.asp

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
AC Mk V for Sale
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2011, 01:08:29 »
Gerry Hawkridge already sells Kirkhams in the UK...[;)][:D]

Chafford

• View Profile
AC Mk V for Sale
« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2011, 20:45:12 »
Ah yes, but although Kirkham build the body and chassis, it's an entirely original Shelby crafted by Mr S. himself!  [;)][;)]

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
AC Mk V for Sale
« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2011, 21:04:26 »
quote:
Originally posted by Chafford

AC were exhibiting the Mk VI at the recent Lyon Motorshow - 'Come and discover the real AC' [:)][;)]

http://www.ac-automotive.com/en/component/content/article/1-actualites/18-salon-automobile-international-de-lyon.html

why is it that they use the old advertising material on their website ?

see my previous post