Author Topic: AC Mk V for Sale  (Read 22812 times)

ANF289

• View Profile
AC Mk V for Sale
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2011, 19:03:40 »
quote:
The Cobra MkVI is a previously existant product of the replica market, modified and rebadged AC. That, to me, is at best trademark licensing.

As was the Mk IV - an existing product built by Brian Angliss that was subsequently modified and licenced by Derek Hurlock to use the AC title in 1982.
However, a real difference is that Autokraft ended up buying AC.

Chafford

• View Profile
AC Mk V for Sale
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2011, 21:35:57 »
quote:
Originally posted by Gus Meyjes

hahaha!! I'll park RS 5038 right next them...overthere...

I'm sure you'd insist on parking RS 5038 next to the Thames Ditton Cobras right over here! [;)][:)]

terry3000me

• View Profile
AC Mk V for Sale
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2011, 21:47:08 »
I would like think Mk V owners will be made to feel most welcome into the ACOC. There will of course be members who will be against this as there members today who consider cars built after 1980s are not 'real' ACs. The fact is they are. Surely it does not matter how well or how poor the build quality was - they are ACs and demand the respect that they are of AC heritage.

Consider that one day, perhaps not to far in the distant future, cars will again be made in the UK by a UK AC Car company!

Terry

ak1234

• View Profile
AC Mk V for Sale
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2011, 03:39:58 »
" Consider that one day, perhaps not to far in the distant future, cars will again be made in the UK by a UK AC Car company!"

I'm very hopeful and pretty sure your right these cars can and will be produced in the UK in the near future ...

Although my hope would have been someone in the US bought the company and started producing these cars in the US .. but unfortunately ... OBAMA ran out of money to bail out car companies and the new stimulous package doesnt include any money for this venture .. so my plan B is to hope a company in the UK does it ! LOL

nikbj68

• View Profile
AC Mk V for Sale
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2011, 10:00:01 »
quote:
Originally posted by terry3000me...Surely it does not matter how well or how poor the build quality was...Terry
Agreed, I was suggesting that was the main reason for criticism, not a basis for exclusion! [:)]
   Gus, park where you like!!! [;)]

Chafford

• View Profile
AC Mk V for Sale
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2011, 14:22:59 »
quote:
Originally posted by terry3000me

I would like think Mk V owners will be made to feel most welcome into the ACOC. There will of course be members who will be against this as there members today who consider cars built after 1980s are not 'real' ACs. The fact is they are. Surely it does not matter how well or how poor the build quality was - they are ACs and demand the respect that they are of AC heritage.

Consider that one day, perhaps not to far in the distant future, cars will again be made in the UK by a UK AC Car company!

Terry

Agree to all of that! Lets welcome all three of the UK Mk Vs and any of the other cars/ chassis still knocking around in the US![:)]

See Refs 0002 and 0011

http://www.villamoto.com/index.htm

TLegate

• View Profile
AC Mk V for Sale
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2011, 20:54:15 »
Hmmm - built to "exact" MkIII (427) specs but with more legroom, better handling, yadda yadda. So - totally different then.

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
AC Mk V for Sale
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2011, 02:29:37 »
Oh, C'mon Trevor: it's natural evolution... Whatever... Just have another Bishop's Finger..[;)]

Flyinghorse

• View Profile
AC Mk V for Sale
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2011, 10:10:06 »
No one has mentioned it but this car actually sold (grigo silver MKV) by private treaty after it had been entered to the recent Silverstone auction. Nick Whale runs this auction,and one of his subsidiaries Castello cars was selling the car.(Note if you go to Castello website you get directed back to Nick Whale.

TLegate

• View Profile
AC Mk V for Sale
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2011, 11:15:20 »
Evolution indeed! A classic example of the process. A bit like to offspring of a marriage between brother and sister....

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
AC Mk V for Sale
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2011, 13:15:55 »
hahaha!! that was funny!! Made me laugh out loud.

Gus

Chafford

• View Profile
AC Mk V for Sale
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2011, 13:25:01 »
quote:
Originally posted by TLegate

Evolution indeed! A classic example of the process. A bit like to offspring of a marriage between brother and sister....

This one seems to have evolved quite well since it was built in 2007. £70k seems rather on the high side though.

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C214813

CRS9505

• View Profile
AC Mk V for Sale
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2011, 15:31:25 »
On a lighter note (just to keep everybody smiling) [:)]
   Just renewed the insurance on my CRS and had to spend 15 minutes convincing the broker the I hadn't built it myself and yes they were still making them in 1999/2000![:p]

Flyinghorse

• View Profile
AC Mk V for Sale
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2011, 17:03:46 »
The Barry Ely car was sold at Coys in Dec 2010  for £56,500
   I personally dont like this one from a cosmetic view point being to "bling" and busy colour scheme.
   I did look at MkV's very seriously for a while as a possible purchase but decided to wait for the right  MkIV.
   The MKV cars do seem to sit with dealers for a long time,and I could have been the first ACOC member with  one.........At least parking would not be a problem,and I might have won the concours.

2006 AC Cobra MkV. Sports
   SOLD by Coys Auctioneers
   Price £56,500

nikbj68

• View Profile
AC Mk V for Sale
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2011, 20:54:34 »
quote:
Originally posted by Flyinghorse...I could have been the first ACOC member with [a MkV]...I might have won the concours.

OR, you could have come third, like Charlie Chaplin did in a Charlie Chaplin lookalike contest!!!! [:o)]