Author Topic: MKIV pedal box assembly / clutch pedal quadrant  (Read 10209 times)

cobham cobra

• View Profile
MKIV pedal box assembly / clutch pedal quadrant
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2011, 12:32:40 »
The extended clutch cable for right-hand drive is not an "off the shelf" item, so if the cable breaks and you don't have a spare, you're off the road 'till Speedy cables can make it. It's also worth noting that if the cable breaks and is replaced - keep the fittings because they're the bits that are hard to replace. If you keep the bits of plastic it will be much easier to get the next cable made.
   Cheers - John.

aex125

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2011, 06:25:35 »
As an FYI, I pulled out my NOS quadrant from my 86 Fox body mustang and while the quadrant is mounted differently, it looks like it is the same piece as is shown in the first pic. Jim can probably confirm the P/N but I am guessing the quadrant will be from a Fox body mustang application.

Jay

C9OBY

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2011, 08:41:32 »
quote:
Originally posted by aex125

As an FYI, I pulled out my NOS quadrant from my 86 Fox body mustang and while the quadrant is mounted differently, it looks like it is the same piece as is shown in the first pic. Jim can probably confirm the P/N but I am guessing the quadrant will be from a Fox body mustang application.

Jay

Jay, I managed to get a direct replacement from a local Ford dealer.  It is part number 6183029 and was used on the Granada and Sierra, amongst others.  It's quite likely that it was also used on a number of other cars.

The direct replacement for the white one that I took off the car (based on it's engineering number 83BB 7L583 AA) is almost identical, but now has a slightly lower radius (45mm), hence after trialing which one had the best gear engagement catch-point, I ended up using the black one which has a slightly higher radius (50mm) than my original one.

I'm now in  the process of having a part machined for me, including an adjustor as shown by Steve.  Thankfully