Author Topic: Brands Hatch Masters Today  (Read 12160 times)

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
Brands Hatch Masters Today
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2011, 18:27:05 »
so would those be warm beers? Haven't visited the UK since I was 8 years old, but from what I'm told your pints sound un-appealing! [:D]

Serve me up a n icecold Heineken!

CRS9505

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2011, 18:37:53 »
First replica cars now Dutch replica beer !! [:D]

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2011, 19:06:43 »
Ok, this is getting personal!

There is, of course, a distinct possibility your luke warm beer that lacks CO-2 is owned by Heineken. In other words, my beer extorts money from you unsuspecting Englishmen by selling you an inferior beer... And if that would be the case, than would your beer not be the replica? Or do you all brew your own, making it a Kit-beer, really... [:D][;)]

TLegate

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2011, 20:50:15 »
Heineken??? Ye gods. I'm always up for a Bishops Finger myself....

And yes, the BMW is a replica (of the Gosser Beer original that resides in Germany) It's a real BMW but not quite the one it pretends to be, so to speak. Nice car though, I'd find space in me garage...

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2011, 21:00:51 »
Wonder if they sell the Bishop's finger in Boston?

CRS9505

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2011, 21:14:58 »
Home brewed kit beer - thats one replica easy to spot, the heady aroma of wet carpet, tastes like pish and a headache to match journeys end in a sidepiped 427 cobra kit car [:o)]........the stuff of legend......[:o)] [:D]

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2011, 22:17:00 »

Untold pleasure from a Bishops finger? Trevor, no wonder you were banned!

aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2011, 15:40:59 »
quote:
Originally posted by CRS9505

.......and was the damaged e-type also a replica? and the GT40s ?, BMW lightweights?, surely the austin saloon was original? No....?[}:)]
   Wasn't there a class for all of these replicas in the 750 m/c race meetings or was that for look-a-likes and kit cars?
   Somehow I have the feeling that replicas and facsimilies will link to furniture and stir the replica chippendale desks and popcorn thread again.......................... Mine's a pint of Timothy Taylor,thanks![:o)]

I only stated that the Cobra was a replica as it is a new car,try not to spill your Timothy Taylor,that is a nice beer to waste !!

aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2011, 16:12:07 »
"This IS a replica, in the true definition of the word, being that it is exactly like that which it replicates"

Click on this link ,the car looks nothing like the one it replicates.

http://www.csxinfo.net/web/modules/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=45.0;attach=330

CRS9505

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2011, 16:35:32 »
quote:
why people go to the FOS/Revival and be pushed out by the crowds, when you can see cars like this and next to no one there - just the best cars & all of the access you could ever want. Why is this not supported as it should??

is the answer because they are all newly created exact reproductions of the cars builty to a theoretical "prototype" spec of which a few were raced in period? (am I getting close to the elegibility rules yet?)and on a different note but because Im new to the ACOC and a very slow afternoon where does the "Shelby Register" figure in all this?
   Barman more beers! [:o)]

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2011, 17:33:53 »
quote:
Originally posted by Nik:"This IS a replica, in the true definition of the word, being that it is exactly like that which it replicates"  To which Aaron replied:...the car looks nothing like the one it replicates...
Sorry, I was being a bit too general. I meant that it was built to the same spec as an original Cobra, unlike a Dax, RAM, Hawk, Factory 5, Superformance, ERA, etc. etc. Even the current Kirkhams wouldn`t pass muster, with their billet suspension, but they can and do build to original spec, beit 289 leafspring or 427 coil shapes.

CRS9505

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2011, 18:16:58 »
Presumably to run this machine it would need to be built to the exact specs of a factory or Shelby car? Would it need some form of  recognisable chassis number?

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2011, 20:32:35 »
Aaaah. The Yellow Peril! A fantastic example of how much you can do with a Hawk 289FiA, but there is nothing you could do to make it eligible for historic racing. Chassis number isn`t the issue, chassis difference is.
   If you want a fearsome trackday beast and have £40k burning the proverbial hole in yer pocket, there`s not much that gives more bang for your buck, but that`s it!

aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2011, 12:51:18 »
quote:
Originally posted by CRS9505

quote:
why people go to the FOS/Revival and be pushed out by the crowds, when you can see cars like this and next to no one there - just the best cars & all of the access you could ever want. Why is this not supported as it should??

is the answer because they are all newly created exact reproductions of the cars builty to a theoretical "prototype" spec of which a few were raced in period? (am I getting close to the elegibility rules yet?)and on a different note but because Im new to the ACOC and a very slow afternoon where does the "Shelby Register" figure in all this?
   Barman more beers! [:o)]

I will be very careful what I say here as I dont want you drinking too many beers, but I know of at least one new (replica) Cobra that has raced at the Revival.

I guess if you have all the paperwork for an original car,it makes it alot easier to race a new car at these events.

"Even the current Kirkhams wouldn`t pass muster, with their billet suspension, but they can and do build to original spec, beit 289 leafspring or 427 coil shapes."

The Shelby Registry , problably does not know about these cars, no owner of an original car is going to broadcast the fact that they have had a new car built for racing ,while the original car is tucked away in a garage somewhere.

"is the answer because they are all newly created exact reproductions of the cars builty to a theoretical "prototype" spec of which a few were raced in period? (am I getting close to the elegibility rules "

Yes you are, barman two pints of Spitfire please  [^]

TLegate

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2011, 15:55:08 »
Not just Cobra (and Daytona) owners who send out their replicated racers for such accident-prone events...but that, as they say, is another story.