Author Topic: Brands Hatch Masters Today  (Read 12158 times)

duggan

• View Profile
Brands Hatch Masters Today
« on: May 29, 2011, 21:44:51 »
Evening all,

Had a great sunny day at Brands today at the Masters Series - got to ask why people go to the FOS/Revival and be pushed out by the crowds, when you can see cars like this and next to no one there - just the best cars & all of the access you could ever want. Why is this not supported as it should??

...and now this sad tale - the AC Cobra driven by Simon Hadfield and the Lightweight E-Type by Jon Minshaw - this is them on the opening lap of qualifying...

Then two corners later

AC Cobra stuffed in the barriers & nose caved in / E-Type with a few less suspension parts....

Overall a cracking day all round - can't understand why it was so quiet though.

aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 20:23:22 »
Dont worry too much about the Cobra,it is a replica,while the real CSX2532 is nicely tucked away in a garage somewhere.This is the first year in five years that I did not go to this event for the whole three days,it is excellent value for £27.00 for three days racing.

The reason why this event ios not attended like the Revival and the FOS is because everyone here are classic motor racing fans,the FOS is a hyped up car show, I wont be going this year,the FOS and the Revival are `the` events to be seen at,there is absolutley no snobbery at this event, how many big corporate hospitality tents did you see at Brands ? Alot of the cars at this event also race at the Revival,the Masters Series is also run at Donington,another event that is not well attended.

I notice that Shaun and Gavins Cobras no longer have No plated fitted .

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 23:14:31 »
quote:
Originally posted by aaron...I notice that Shaun and Gavins Cobras no longer have No plated fitted
Aah, but his helmet does!!!*

*Photo from the UltimateCarPage Le Mans 2011 Report Gallery, with thanks.

REV

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 10:10:02 »
Talking of number plates....

The really strange thing is if you HPI check the GT40 TES 1E....

Its a Diesel Range Rover!

TLegate

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 11:02:31 »
....that belongs to his wife.

Nice to have all your race cars recorded on one skid-lid! The rest of us can only dream :-(

aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 23:39:02 »
quote:
Originally posted by REV

Talking of number plates....

The really strange thing is if you HPI check the GT40 TES 1E....

Its a Diesel Range Rover!

Did you do the hpi check to see if its ever been crashed ? [:)]

REV

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 00:04:34 »
No, I'd actually gathered that the Range Rover belonged to him as well, but thought I'd go for the pedant of the month award!

[:)]

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 09:06:20 »
quote:
Originally posted by aaron: Did you do the hpi check to see if its ever been crashed ? [:)]

Well, I assume you were thinking of buying, but as the plate isn`t with the car you`ve left it! [:o)]

CRS9505

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 16:30:29 »
Been away from classic racing for many years but can you really run replicas in the "Masters" series or is it a MK IV or other based replica racer[?]

A-Snake

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2011, 17:29:50 »
quote:
Originally posted by CRS9505

Been away from classic racing for many years but can you really run replicas in the "Masters" series or is it a MK IV or other based replica racer[?]

Shhh...it might be a secret [;)] [:I]

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2011, 18:09:20 »
quote:
Originally posted by CRS9505...Been away from classic racing for many years but can you really run replicas in the "Masters" series or is it a MK IV or other based replica racer[?]

Sorry to break the secret, but:
   A MkIV wouldn`t be eligible, and what are commonly called 'replicas' wouldn`t be either.

This (and a few others) are exact facsimiles of an original Cobra (again, to a slightly variable level) matching technical specs of an equivalent original Cobra.
   That`s the short, simplistic version! The full story needs a few pints and a sit-down to go through properly! [:D]

CRS9505

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2011, 19:23:35 »
Interesting..................maybe I'll just stick with the beer![:o)]

aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2011, 19:18:53 »
quote:
Originally posted by nikbj68

quote:
Originally posted by CRS9505...Been away from classic racing for many years but can you really run replicas in the "Masters" series or is it a MK IV or other based replica racer[?]

Sorry to break the secret, but:
   A MkIV wouldn`t be eligible, and what are commonly called 'replicas' wouldn`t be either.

This (and a few others) are exact facsimiles of an original Cobra (again, to a slightly variable level) matching technical specs of an equivalent original Cobra.
   That`s the short, simplistic version! The full story needs a few pints and a sit-down to go through properly! [:D]

OK, get the beers out ,Im all ears for finding out what a brand new car built to " matching technical specs of an equivalent original Cobra" is,if it is not classed as a `replica`, or can I call it an air car instead ? [:)]

Here is an interesting thread on the Cobra we are talking about.

http://www.csxinfo.net/web/modules/smf/index.php?topic=45.0

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2011, 16:18:28 »
quote:
Originally posted by aaron...OK, get the beers out ,Im all ears for finding out what a brand new car built to " matching technical specs of an equivalent original Cobra" is,if it is not classed as a `replica`, or can I call it an air car instead ? [:)]...

I`ll have a Magners, please. [:D]
   This IS a replica, in the true definition of the word, being that it is exactly like that which it replicates, unlike most of the 'replicas' on the market which are in fact only lookalikes!
   Semantics, I know, but there you go. [;)]
   An 'air car' is where someone is suggesting that their car is a 'long lost' Cobra that has been rebuilt around a logbook or mudflap from an original, where the original no longer exists(... or maybe it does... EEK! Lawsuits all round![:0])

CRS9505

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2011, 18:08:47 »
.......and was the damaged e-type also a replica? and the GT40s ?, BMW lightweights?, surely the austin saloon was original? No....?[}:)]
   Wasn't there a class for all of these replicas in the 750 m/c race meetings or was that for look-a-likes and kit cars?
   Somehow I have the feeling that replicas and facsimilies will link to furniture and stir the replica chippendale desks and popcorn thread again.......................... Mine's a pint of Timothy Taylor,thanks![:o)]