Author Topic: Membership fee payment  (Read 40328 times)

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
Membership fee payment
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2011, 21:08:45 »
Well then,there we have it: 26K for a proper author that can't seem to keep his membership...[:)]

I just want to make understood that my rant under no circumstance is a slam on current management, producers of the magazine or volunteers. And I do understand it is quite an undertaking...But at the same time I believe that sprucing matters up a bit, starting with a 21st century membership dues payment will help maintain larger membership numbers...
   And, I don't believe every member has to be a car owner (and they are not) so limited production numbers obviously pose a challenge, they should not automatically lead to small membership numbers. And I would not mind spending a little extra for that to happen.

Gus

shep

• View Profile
Membership fee payment
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2011, 16:23:23 »
Gus, I know where you are coming from and please take my comments with a large pinch of Trans-Atlantic salt! Our budget is always limited due to the 700 to 800 membership (which has fluctuated between those numbers for decades). If we are to break out of the straight jacket, maybe we should open membership to replica Cobra owners as well? That would boost the numbers and we would see many more cars at our club events, but is that what our members want? I have my doubts. Nik, you are top of the list should we ever employ anyone!

dkp_cobra

• View Profile
Membership fee payment
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2011, 08:29:14 »
Ok, just my 2 cents: I can understand that with this number of members a magazine like the one from PCA (Porsche Club of America) is not possible. This magazine is quite impressive but it would be too much for AC. The ACtion magazine has the right charm and is some kind of 'correct' with AC.

But it would be really nice if I could pay the member fee in some kind of electronic form (paypal or bank transfer with SWIFT). If that would be possible I would become a member [:)].

nikbj68

• View Profile
Membership fee payment
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2011, 13:55:17 »
quote:
Originally posted by shep...maybe we should open membership to replica Cobra owners as well?...

To my knowledge, ACOC membership is not reliant on actual AC ownership, just payment of subs; indeed I know of replica owner members & AC owner non- members! [;)] In the past, there were 'owner' & 'associate' levels of membership, which had different fees and I would assume, differing 'priveleges'. Could reviving this boost numbers?

That said, I believe any club presence at events should be exclusively for AC cars, but this shouldn`t be viewed as 'hostile' or 'snobbish' to or by replica owners, but why not be neighbours?
   Possibly a leaf could be taken from the 289Register/GT40Enthusiasts` Clubs` book, where the joint track day at Donington was a great success & likely to be repeated.
   The ACOC has a long history of inter-marque challenges!

I`ve just had a brilliant idea....all non-UK residents, send your payments to me and  I`ll send the ACOC a cheque...PROMISE!*[:)]

*(Not promising how much for though!)[:0][;)]

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Membership fee payment
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2011, 16:08:01 »
Nik

Just read   **the small print ***

I now know what      ACOC stands for....

All Commission Of Course.

On a positive note  your savings will grow quicker and the MK1V Cobra will be in your garage a few years sooner.

Keith..[;)]..[:)]

C9OBY

• View Profile
Membership fee payment
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2011, 21:14:48 »
Guys, some simple mathematics.

If you take a look at the cost vs income benefits from an online payment via PayPal, you can easily see that a single online subscription pays for the transaction costs of the next 25 subscribers.  Hence, if this option was made available (seriously..., it's dead simple to do and easy to manage), Peter's offer to join the member list would pave the way for the clubs' entry to the 21st century!!!

All it takes is someone on the club management team to set up a club account, watch the cash come pouring in(!), and manage the extraction of said monies from PayPal into the club coffers.  Who knows, it may even attract more than one new member to the club and help the club end the year with more membership income than last year ;o)

TLegate

• View Profile
Membership fee payment
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2011, 21:31:24 »
"the clubs entry to the 21st century"??! I say, steady on old chap.

and I 'spose I'd better pay my fees (actually thought I had - must be confused with last year!)

nikbj68

• View Profile
Membership fee payment
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2011, 01:07:50 »
Congratulations COBY on becoming the new AC Owners`Club   Paypal Electronic Revenue Volunteer ExpeRT, now what can we call you for short?! [;)]

Seriously though, great little presentation, although you didn`t take into account that Peter`s payment would generate a net £48.10 & Art`s would be £57.76, being at Euro & US rates!
   Another couple of Paypal issue/advantages.

•    With Paypal non-UK subscribers can automatically convert currencies,
  • When in the 'send a payment' section of the Paypal website, choosing the 'Personal' payment option then gives further option for the payer to pay the recipient`s fees.
  • Invoice/reminders could be sent annually, as could 'special event' payments, advertising etc...

Lordy, is that the 21st century ahoy?

dkp_cobra

• View Profile
Membership fee payment
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2011, 15:42:03 »
quote:
Originally posted by C9OBY
   , Peter's offer to join the member list would pave the way for the clubs' entry to the 21st century!!!

I love this thought: preserver of the AC universe. Will I get a cape or at least a T-shirt [:I]

nikbj68

• View Profile
Membership fee payment
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2011, 16:01:28 »
Oh yes! I think a cape, and shiny Speedo trunks to be worn over the trousers!

dkp_cobra

• View Profile
Membership fee payment
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2011, 18:42:22 »
quote:
Originally posted by nikbj68

Oh yes! I think a cape, and shiny Speedo trunks to be worn over the trousers!

a red one?

C9OBY

• View Profile
Membership fee payment
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2011, 18:57:13 »
Peter, we're still designing the logo for your cape.  Unfortunately, ACOC-man's badge is not allowed to match his car's badge  :o(

Perhaps "AC" in the Paypal font?

nikbj68

• View Profile
Membership fee payment
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2011, 22:20:46 »
quote:
Originally posted by dkp_cobra...a red one?

No, Princess blue, with white stripes! Kinda like this...

[:D]

TLegate

• View Profile
Membership fee payment
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2011, 10:00:52 »
I worry about you sometimes........ :-0

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
Membership fee payment
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2011, 17:30:15 »
I don't worry so much when I see photos like this, but please no photos of Peter in his newly appointed cape and speedos....