Author Topic: lucas solenoid ST210  (Read 182 times)

wirewheels57

• View Profile
lucas solenoid ST210
« on: April 17, 2024, 18:34:47 »
Hoping someone can point me in the right direction for a pre war solenoid , mine is currently clicking and not engaging , as its sealed this is a real problem that could jeopardise my visit to the national day in my 16/80!!

Big col

• View Profile
Re: lucas solenoid ST210
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2024, 21:27:33 »
Hello 57,
Sorry I don’t have one. Can I warn you to be careful of any new Lucas parts that come in the green and white boxes. There is a lot of rubbish out there posing as original stuff. I am not saying it is all bad. Try to get things from a reputable supplier. I have even been the victim of new crap being put in an old fashioned box and been sold as new old stock.
I did however replace a solenoid with one from Holden Vintage spares. It is not original pattern but it has put me on until I get round to sorting things out. The one I got has a push button on the end. Just don't push the button with the ignition on and the car in gear.
Colin

I might be rough but I’m slow as well.

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2024, 08:55:35 »
Try contacting Steve Hall, Spares Co-ordinator - details in ACtion.

wirewheels57

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2024, 19:48:56 »
Thanks for the advice all noted , I have contemplated fitting a modern or even a classic solenoid as you have described but I would really like to keep the originality of a pre war solenoid . I'm sure in the end I will be buying a modern but I have not reached that stage yet . Steve hall has been most helpful in suggesting a few ways to get my original working properly again but my current solenoid is sealed which makes any service impossible unless I open it up and risk ruining it completely . Any suggestions very welcome .