Author Topic: AC ACECA IN NEW ZEALAND  (Read 4790 times)

HOFFMAN

• View Profile
AC ACECA IN NEW ZEALAND
« on: April 10, 2011, 10:19:05 »
Can anyone tell me when my car Aceca AE617 was built.
   It is now Bristol powered and it first Registration in NZ in December
   1957 as a new car not used.

bex316

• View Profile
    • BEX316
AC ACECA IN NEW ZEALAND
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 12:35:21 »
AE 617 was ex factory on 8 October 1957, was finished in Princess Blue with a red interior and fitted with engine CL 2333-W.
   These data from the ACOC Aceca register and were copied from the factory ledger.
   December 1957 being the first registration seems to be quite logical. It has not been for sale long in NZ when new. Probably it was already ordered at the factory?

Jerry

Jim A

• View Profile
AC ACECA IN NEW ZEALAND
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 18:54:44 »
Pictures of good looking AE617 at
   http://www.acaceca.de.tl/AE-617.htm

Can anyone explain the apparent crankcase vetilation system?
   Is that still Princess Blue?

dkp_cobra

• View Profile
AC ACECA IN NEW ZEALAND
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 07:45:53 »
Please, can you post some pictures of the roll bar. Do you know what kind of turn-light switch was used?

Regards,

Peter

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
AC ACECA IN NEW ZEALAND
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 09:58:19 »
Peter

Three Acecas spring to mind all fitted with built in Roll Cages:-

AEX674.  AEX525  &  BE603

AEX674

If my memory serves me well [?]..  Gus Meyjes posted pictures of the rebuild of his Aceca AEX674 on our forum a few years, might have been in 2007.
   Gus must have whole sequence of pictures of building and fitting a full roll cage.

try :  dynamicptgus  at  charterinternet  dot com

AEX525...

Raced in Period in USA. Knowing Ian, If he  still ownes AEX525 he would email you pictures of how it is/was fitted.

try :  ianrogers  at  btopenworld   dot  com

Good Luck in your quest for Roll Cage info for a Aceca..[;)]

Keith

HOFFMAN

• View Profile
AC ACECA IN NEW ZEALAND
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 10:30:16 »
Thanks for the information and photo's of AE617.The car is now back in original touring condition.
   Roll cage and engine breather have been removed.I will post some current photo;s soon.

Can anyone help with breed of whitworth open ended spanners used in Bristol engined Aceca's tool tray?

59 Aceca

• View Profile
AC ACECA IN NEW ZEALAND
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 21:24:06 »
My Aceca is AC powered.  The open ended spanners in the tool tray are made by Garrington and are their Merlin type.  I know that the Bristol tool tray contains at least one open ended spanner (bent at an angle) that differs from the AC tray but I suspect the majority are the same.  Hope this is helpful.

Greg

AEX566

• View Profile
AC ACECA IN NEW ZEALAND
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2011, 00:48:59 »
Ron Leonard's catalog/parts list had pictures of his offering of the correct sized Whitworth wrench sets as fitted in the spare tire insert.    He's at 970-259-0108 in Colorado (US mountain time)

dkp_cobra

• View Profile
AC ACECA IN NEW ZEALAND
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2011, 17:03:44 »
quote:
Originally posted by AC Ace Bristol

Peter

Three Acecas spring to mind all fitted with built in Roll Cages:-

AEX674.  AEX525  &  BE603

AEX674

If my memory serves me well [?]..  Gus Meyjes posted pictures of the rebuild of his Aceca AEX674 on our forum a few years, might have been in 2007.
   Gus must have whole sequence of pictures of building and fitting a full roll cage.

try :  dynamicptgus  at  charterinternet  dot com

AEX525...

Raced in Period in USA. Knowing Ian, If he  still ownes AEX525 he would email you pictures of how it is/was fitted.

try :  ianrogers  at  btopenworld   dot  com

Good Luck in your quest for Roll Cage info for a Aceca..[;)]

Keith

Hi Keith,

I think I have all pictures about Gus Aceca. The solution with the roll bar is quite nice. I have to contact him and should ask for more detailed pictures about the front section where the roll bar enters the A-column.

But I am still interested in the turn light switch. Normally, it is placed in the steering wheel but if you have a rack-pinion conversion this doesn't work anymore, right? What kind of turn-light switch do you use?

Regards,

Peter

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
AC ACECA IN NEW ZEALAND
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2011, 17:21:32 »
we fabricated the steering column in a manner that allows for the original style turn signal switch to work on a rack and pinion system. Email me and I'll see what I can do to help. I'll be happy to take new pictures and email those with regards to the Roll bar system. Mine is quite nicely tied in to the Chassis of the car at multiple points.

Gus

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
AC ACECA IN NEW ZEALAND
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2011, 19:32:49 »
quote:
Originally posted by Gus Meyjes

we fabricated the steering column in a manner that allows for the original style turn signal switch to work on a rack and pinion system. Email me and I'll see what I can do to help. I'll be happy to take new pictures and email those with regards to the Roll bar system. Mine is quite nicely tied in to the Chassis of the car at multiple points.

Gus

Hoffman

Sorry your Topic has changed course and meandered somewhat. But I  hhod wink and quickly ask :-

Gus

Can you please elaborate on your conversion,  Most who have fitted Rack & Pinion have lost the period steering wheel indictor switch controls.  Did you do employ a similar system to early VolksWagen Beetle [?]

Many members would be interested in your solution, please elaborate.
   Much appreciated ..[:)]

Cheers

Keith...[;)]

Aceca289

• View Profile
AC ACECA IN NEW ZEALAND
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2011, 06:33:15 »
quote:
Originally posted by HOFFMAN

Thanks for the information and photo's of AE617.The car is now back in original touring condition.
   Roll cage and engine breather have been removed.I will post some current photo;s soon.

Can anyone help with breed of whitworth open ended spanners used in Bristol engined Aceca's tool tray?

As a follow up to Greg's reply, here's a link to an old thread detailing the Aceca tools and tray (from a AC powered Aceca). I hope you find this useful.

http://www.acownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1158&SearchTerms=aceca,tool,tray

John