Author Topic: 260 / 289 "Y" cast exhaust manifolds and curved bumper / nudge bar front  (Read 758 times)

westcott

• View Profile
A friend of mine is assembling his 289, sitting in the garage for more or less one decade.

He is missing the exhaust manifolds and want to get hold of the "Y" cast exhaust manifolds seen on the street cars.

Were can he buy 4 of the "Y" manifolds today? Is Gerry at Hawk Cars perhaps a source for the manifolds ?

The next question relates to the nudge bar at the front. In most pictures of a 289 street, the nudge bar is slightly curved when viewed from above. Are they all curved or does it depend on the year?

What source is there for the curved nudge bars?

Thank you in advance, Uwe

« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 17:07:01 by westcott »
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler!

B.P.Bird

• View Profile
Uwe,
I had one of those once - a good paperweight or doorstop. I think it unlikely that they were Cobra specific, possibly you might find they were Falcon Sprint or Comet parts ? As I recollect they had quite small ports which matched 260 heads. If so there are Ford old part stockists in the U.S. For example:

http://www.allclassicmustang.com/MustangpartsmustangpartsNOSmustangpartsrestoration.html
Barrie

A-Snake

• View Profile
AC Cars provided the cast iron exhaust manifolds for 289 Cobras. There were two known versions. One with a A.C. engineering number cast in and one without. Most Cobras used the one with no markings.

westcott

• View Profile
Uwe,
I had one of those once - a good paperweight or doorstop. I think it unlikely that they were Cobra specific, possibly you might find they were Falcon Sprint or Comet parts ? As I recollect they had quite small ports which matched 260 heads. If so there are Ford old part stockists in the U.S. For example:

http://www.allclassicmustang.com/MustangpartsmustangpartsNOSmustangpartsrestoration.html
Barrie

Thanks Barry, I will discuss the port size with my friend

westcott

• View Profile
AC Cars provided the cast iron exhaust manifolds for 289 Cobras. There were two known versions. One with a A.C. engineering number cast in and one without. Most Cobras used the one with no markings.

Thanks for your comments on the markings !